Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   T-Shirt Quilt finally done_NEVER AGAIN (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/t-shirt-quilt-finally-done_never-again-t186190.html)

quiltingshorttimer 04-17-2012 02:50 PM

You are truly a saint! Looks great, too. I unfortunately saw a picture of T-shirt quilts years ago--long before I quilted--and decided to make one each for my kids when they went to college--of course, since they wouldn't stay in dorm rooms forever, I made them to fit their home queen size beds! And since the magazine (not a quilters mag) really didn't include any instructions--I just cut the T-shirts and started putting them together--without any interfacing! Talk about seams stretching! And of course, each had at least one shirt that they insisted needed to be included--and it had raglan sleeves that did NOT fit well with the other blocks. DD's was so heavy with batting and tied, that when I did DS, we decided no batting and just used a sheet for backing. Never again--despite now know how you are SUPPOSE to do the darn things. I know now how to do them--take to a Guild member that does them professionally!

Carol Ann 04-17-2012 03:03 PM

A job well done, don't be so hard on your self.

Mariposa 04-17-2012 03:11 PM

Looking good! You did a great job on this!!

Maria C 04-17-2012 03:16 PM

So annoying for you but the result is great and will be special and worth your hard work.

abdconsultant 04-17-2012 03:28 PM

Don't stop now, you did a great job and you now know what to do!

caspharm 04-17-2012 03:49 PM

It's looks great.

butterflies5518 04-17-2012 04:50 PM

Super great quilt - you did really well.

debbieoh 04-17-2012 05:08 PM

Thanks everyone for all the great compliments!!!!.

debbieoh 04-17-2012 05:10 PM

Just be sure to use light weight iron on interfacing. Also I didn't use batting. for backing I used fleece. and its still heavy. Take it into Hospice tomorrow can't wait to see what she thinks. Sure hope she likes it

Originally Posted by BCaplette (Post 5148787)
Wow, great job, but I am worried now. A teacher at my son's school has a daughter graduating this May and just asked me if I would do one for her. I let her know that I had never done one and had some concerns, stretching,design, how to quilt it and even not sure how to charge for something like that. After all of the discussions I asked her to think it over aad get back to me. Now I may get back to her first and say, NO Sorry! LOL

debbieoh 04-17-2012 05:11 PM

DOUBLE sided you are a saint LOL!!! be sure to share pictures

Originally Posted by psthreads (Post 5149037)
My daughter and I are in the process of making one for my Granddaughter's graduation. It is a double sided one. My daughter, who is not a sewer, did the cutting out and ironing on the interfacing. I am putting it together and will be quilting it. Hope to have it finished this weekend.