Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Tan & blue Navajo (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/tan-blue-navajo-t34929.html)

kd124 01-24-2010 11:19 PM

Gorgeous quilt. The color combination is so relaxing.

Sheila Elaine 01-24-2010 11:32 PM

Barb, this is beautiful. It looks like the dust ruffle is sewn to the quilt...just an optical illusion, but an idea I'd never thought about.

ranger 01-25-2010 04:03 AM

It's pretty.....wonderful colors.

Rainbow 01-25-2010 01:08 PM

Never seen this pattern before in such upright formation !!! SUPER !!! I, too, am interested in knowing the pattern...

Sharon - NC 01-25-2010 02:04 PM

Those colors are gorgeous together. What a beautiful quilt!

wesing 01-25-2010 04:48 PM

Barb -

The book is by Blanche Young & Dalene (not a typo) Young Stone - I think you've already said that. ISBN is 1-57120-002-9 and the copyright date is 1996. The publisher is C & T Publishing Inc - www.ctpub.com . It must still be in print because we bought it at the Lavender Lime in Chattanooga, probably 2 years ago.

It has patterns for:

Boston Commons (3 variations)
Many Trips Around the World
Original Many Trips Around the World
Many Extended Trips Around the World
Regular Many Trips Around the World (2 variations)
'Round About the World (2 variations)
So Many Trips Around the World
Sunshine and Shadow (2 variations)
Evening Shadows
Navajo
Zuni
Zulu
Nine Patch & Irish Chain basic instructions
Blooming Nine Patch
Diamondback Scrap
Uneven Nine Patch
Double Irish Chain (2 variations)
Triple Irish Chain
Trip Around the World (2 variations)
Colors Around the World
Jamaica

If we EVER get all the nieces and nephews quilts finished we want to jump into this book.

Darren

Barb_MO 01-25-2010 10:09 PM

First of all, I want to thank all of you for your compliments on the quilt.

Sheila Elaine, no the bed skirt was made to use, probably with the Boston Commons underneath the Navajo. However, I did add a double ruffle similar to a bed skirt to a customer's lone star once. It had already been hand quilted and bound, and something I would never do again.

Rainbow, the name of the pattern is Navajo and in the book Trip around the World Quilts and in the one mentioned my Darren, Traditions with a Twist.

Darren, thanks for the additional information about Traditions with a Twist. i saw Amazon has copy of the book. I'm going to order it as I've never heard of several patterns in it. I'm going to do searches beforehand for the Zula, Zuma and Jamaica, see if I might like to make those

Oh, BTW, C & T in C&T Publishing are Tom and Carol Hensley, relatives of mine. They came to Missouri with their children several years ago for one of our family reunion. We had never met before, she brought lots of goodies from C&T Publishing as gifts for us.

jabs317 01-26-2010 04:46 AM

Very Pretty

wesing 01-26-2010 07:15 PM

Barb -

How fun for you to have relatives in publishing. If they need anyone to critique quilting books I'm sure they can always count on you!

Darren

Ducky 01-26-2010 07:21 PM

What a beautiful quilt. You picked my favorite color combinations. Gorgeous.