Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Two years in the making.....tah dah its finally finished!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/two-years-making-tah-dah-its-finally-finished-t11817.html)

Izy 10-02-2008 12:01 PM

Ohhh you have me intrigued now Melissa, you will have to post the fabrics so I can see what I look like tee hee!!!!

mary quite contrary 10-02-2008 12:02 PM

That is beautiful. I know what you mean about it being kind of sad to finish. It becomes an old friend as you work on it. It also made me kind of sad when I read the picture heading saying last photo. I'd love to see a picture of each block. That is really a gorgeous quilt. You really are a very talented artist.

Thank you so much for sharing these pictures with us.

Izy 10-02-2008 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
That is beautiful. I know what you mean about it being kind of sad to finish. It becomes an old friend as you work on it. It also made me kind of sad when I read the picture heading saying last photo. I'd love to see a picture of each block. That is really a gorgeous quilt. You really are a very talented artist.

Thank you so much for sharing these pictures with us.

Oh sweetie!! If you look back through the posts I put a link to the topic I started on here and you can see more of the blocks and more besides as I progressed if you want to see more :D

mgshaw 10-02-2008 12:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok here they are. The picture of the pattern came out kind of blurry but the others I took had a glare from the flash

mgshaw 10-02-2008 12:19 PM

Hmm now after looking at the pattern again, Please dont think I am comparing you to a house!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Izy 10-02-2008 12:28 PM

Mel...my rear end is kinda spreading abit nowadays...too much sitting at the machine and less working out on the land l- we have a saying like the back end of a bus lol!!

I think your fabrics are gorgeous and the pattern is adorable, I LOVE applique and that pattern is so cottagy (Sp) do you understand what I mean by that term, in U.K. we have tiny little cottages with roses around the door...it just reminds me of them (sigh.... :D )

Edit: I just took another look and I used to live it a little house JUST like the house in the middle top...wow!! :D

mgshaw 10-02-2008 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
Mel...my rear end is kinda spreading abit nowadays...too much sitting at the machine and less working out on the land l- we have a saying like the back end of a bus lol!!

I think your fabrics are gorgeous and the pattern is adorable, I LOVE applique and that pattern is so cottagy (Sp) do you understand what I mean by that term, in U.K. we have tiny little cottages with roses around the door...it just reminds me of them (sigh.... :D )

Edit: I just took another look and I used to live it a little house JUST like the house in the middle top...wow!! :D

:lol: I think we can just call it 'Quilters Butt" Mine has been spreading too!!!!!
I know what you mean by cottagy (sp?) A lot of your quilts, I think, have the cottage feel, I think thats why this makes me think of you or I could just be a little weird!!!! :lol:

The houses are actually pieced but they do have elements of applique on them.

Izy 10-02-2008 12:49 PM

Well if you want it finishing quicker you could always post it all over to me to do, I don't mind really helping you out here you know!! :roll:

Jim's Gem 10-02-2008 12:51 PM

Gorgeous quilt Izzy, you did a fantistic job!! It looks so beautiful on your bed!!

mgshaw 10-02-2008 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
Well if you want it finishing quicker you could always post it all over to me to do, I don't mind really helping you out here you know!! :roll:

You know that is a real tempting offer Izy!!!! I Have sooo many projects lined up already!!!! might take you up on it!!!!