Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Wanna see what the Fabric Angel sent me (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/wanna-see-what-fabric-angel-sent-me-t20340.html)

tlrnhi 05-25-2009 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai
Anyhow, whenever they wanted to go back to Europe to visit, she had someone there in Europe buy the ticket, because she said that it was several hundred dollars cheaper to buy it THERE as oppposed to buying it in the states. Round trip purchased from the states would be, say, $1200, but if she bought it from the Europe side, it would be around $760. That is quite a savings! Don't know if this is still true, what with the economy the way it is, but it's worth a look!

We used to do this for my parents when they would come visit us in Hawaii. For some reason, buying the ticket out of Hawaii was cheaper than them buying it out of RI. Strange, huh?
But, I think doing the same for this trip, there wouldn't really be too much of a savings. The price now is VERY good!

Marcia 05-25-2009 04:00 PM

What a sweet fabric angel you have!!! That Terri is a real honey.

sandpat 05-25-2009 04:03 PM

Oh..I'm soo excited for ya'll..getting to visit and travel! I'm also drooling with jealousy! :mrgreen:

estherblair 05-25-2009 05:55 PM

Can i suggest Crane in the middle with :wink: fans surrounding it ???

Butterflyspain 05-25-2009 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by estherblair
Can i suggest Crane in the middle with :wink: fans surrounding it ???

Thanks Ester, all suggestions welcome always, sometimes we get a mental block

Elle

k3n 05-25-2009 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by JoanneS
That's sweet K and Elle :wink: :wink: - but we'll be in and out and touring several towns one at a time, and not docking more than a day at each. I'm just thrilled to finally visit places we missed :D I wish the Island with the monkeys was included.

Yes but if we knew when you were passing we could stand on the shore and wave! :D

K x

k3n 05-25-2009 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
okay then, but I was thinking of me, as I canīt seem to shift those few extra pounds before the wedding :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :cry: :? :(

Ah but then Colin is getting more for his money! :wink:

K x

k3n 05-25-2009 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by pennyswings
Terri:
When I go visit my son in NY I always pack an empty suitcase. I buy the expandable kind and put a half empty one inside a empty one. That way I am only going with one suitcase and a carry-on. I usually only take enough clothes for a couple of days and shop till I drop when I am there. LOL.
Penny

Don't give her ideas, Penny, she has enough of her own! :lol:

K x

tlrnhi 05-26-2009 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by pennyswings
When I go visit my son in NY I always pack an empty suitcase. I buy the expandable kind and put a half empty one inside a empty one. That way I am only going with one suitcase and a carry-on. I usually only take enough clothes for a couple of days and shop till I drop when I am there. LOL.
Penny

Oh, no worries! BOTH my suitcases are expandable and so is my carry-on! :) :)

sandpat 05-26-2009 04:10 AM

Terri...I find that big boxes can just get shipped home directly without all that airport schlepping!! :lol: :lol: (of course...for the tip...I need for you to send a small box to me!!)