Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Wanna see what the Fabric Angel sent me (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/wanna-see-what-fabric-angel-sent-me-t20340.html)

k3n 05-23-2009 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by pennyswings

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
OMG! Champagne and red carpet?
You'd think I was royalty!
Nope, just little ole me.....don't need anything fancy!

See silly girl that is why they want to do it for you because you are obviously a kind and thoughtful person.

:D

K x

bearpaw 05-23-2009 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
:D :D :D :D

In case you are all wondering she really is coming to visit next year, think we are going to have a blast

Elle

Take lots of pictures! Sounds like you all are going to have a blast!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

tlrnhi 05-24-2009 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by k3n

Shall we not bother then Terri?! :wink: :D

K x

Ok, maybe a bottle of wine. ;)

k3n 05-24-2009 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by k3n

Shall we not bother then Terri?! :wink: :D

K x

Ok, maybe a bottle of wine. ;)

Just the one?! :wink: :D

K x

pennyswings 05-24-2009 10:20 AM

Terri do it this way, When you go to Spain go for the bottle of wine, but when you go to France def the Champagne, there is none better then French Champagne!!

Butterflyspain 05-24-2009 10:21 AM

Heh Terri, Think you should go to France first at that rate and pick up a few bottles of champagne.
:wink:

Elle

k3n 05-24-2009 12:07 PM

Terri do it this way, When you go to Spain go for the bottle of wine, but when you go to France def the Champagne, there is none better then French Champagne!!

Technically only the sparkling wine from the Champagne region of France can be called 'champagne' but it was the English that taught them how to make it - it came from the same process as the cider brewing the monks did in the Middle Ages. It was originally a means of making inferior grapes palatable followed by the enormous marketing job that made it what it is today! The French don't like it when you tell them that though - and yes I do tell them LOL! I like to live dangerously! :D :D :D

Terri - however it came to be, we will crack a bottle (or more!) when you're here! :D

K x

Mousie 05-24-2009 12:36 PM

wow, instantly fell in love with one of the florals from Terri, on end of pic...and then Elle, you posted what you had, and saw two that go perfect! Wow! Please don't cause an earthquake on mountaintop, with that happy dance, but who could blame ya?
Terri, if what goes around, comes around, girlfriend you have a lot of good, coming your way. I know you don't do it, for that reason, you just have a big heart...it's a wonder that pebble stays up, with all that weight...but I bet it makes you feel lighter than air, to make ppl so happy! your a gem! :wink:
Izy, Elle, and K...your all so deserving.
Aw, shucks, y'all, ain't this just the sweetest group of ppl on this board...everybody squeeze in now...group hug...round the world...
we're like an old Coke commercial! :wink:

pennyswings 05-24-2009 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by k3n

Technically only the sparkling wine from the Champagne region of France can be called 'champagne' but it was the English that taught them how to make it - it came from the same process as the cider brewing the monks did in the Middle Ages. It was originally a means of making inferior grapes palatable followed by the enormous marketing job that made it what it is today! The French don't like it when you tell them that though - and yes I do tell them LOL! I like to live dangerously! :D :D :D
I did not know that. Thanks for the info K3n. You tell them that all the time, you crack me up.
Here in Mendoza, which is the wine country in Argentina, they make champagne, which is pretty good. I love the wines here, they have developed some very nice wines over the past few years. Funny you should mention the cider as they make a sparkling cider from apples here and call it "Cidra". It is sold all year round but they drink it mostly for the Holidays, like Christmas and New Years. Also for birthdays to drink when you eat cake.

Terri - however it came to be, we will crack a bottle (or more!) when you're here! :D

K x

Butterflyspain 05-24-2009 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
wow, instantly fell in love with one of the florals from Terri, on end of pic...and then Elle, you posted what you had, and saw two that go perfect! Wow! Please don't cause an earthquake on mountaintop, with that happy dance, but who could blame ya?
Terri, if what goes around, comes around, girlfriend you have a lot of good, coming your way. I know you don't do it, for that reason, you just have a big heart...it's a wonder that pebble stays up, with all that weight...but I bet it makes you feel lighter than air, to make ppl so happy! your a gem! :wink:
Izy, Elle, and K...your all so deserving.
Aw, shucks, y'all, ain't this just the sweetest group of ppl on this board...everybody squeeze in now...group hug...round the world...
we're like an old Coke commercial! :wink:

Oh yes hugging like mad here. :D :D