Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   What is your Avatar about? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-your-avatar-about-t105027.html)

Robinmg 03-05-2011 08:08 AM

My avatar is off my cat Harley (nicknamed Demon). You know the saying, "you don't own a cat, he owns you," well that is totally true about him. He really makes us laugh though, especially when he chases rubber bands and then returns them to us so we can fling them across the room again. He also meets us at the door when we come home from work - nice way to come home.

Maggiemay 03-05-2011 08:12 AM

When my dad died in 2007 I made rag quilts for my sisters, brother & myself out of his jeans. I had 3 of them folded & ready to deliver & my cat, Sunny decided to take a nap on them. So, my avatar is about some of the things I love- my dad, my cat & quilting!

katsewnsew 03-05-2011 08:18 AM

When I saw this block in a book, I fell in love with it, but didn't think I could make it. But I did and my

BizzyBee 03-05-2011 08:18 AM

I love reading about everyone's Avatar!

Mine is very special. This is me with my two brothers. They were born with Cystic Fibrosis. We lost Jimmy (on the left) in 1976 at the age of 16. He was a great kid! Would have been on Wall Street and a multi-millionaire by now with the brains he had! Vince (obviously on the right!) we just lost in 2009 at the age of 50, which is truly a miracle! He recieved a successful double lung transplant in 2006, but he started rejecting in 2009. He's with his brother now and I'm sure the heavens have their hands full with them now! I love looking at that picture, that was Jimmy's First Holy Communion. I think that's the first time mom didn't dress the boys in the same outfit!

nannya54 03-05-2011 08:27 AM

Beside the obvious ( and I am realizing it's time to change it to March ) my avatar is a heart for February and was one of my first log cabin quilts.

MTS 03-05-2011 08:29 AM

Mine is my favorite Round Robin quilt, completed in 2003.

There were 5 of us from my quilting bee involved, and it's my most treasured quilt.
If the house goes up in flames, that's the one quilt I make sure I save.

Debra Mc 03-05-2011 08:35 AM

My avatar is my baby. He has one more year left in HS & then on to college. Hopefully I will have a pic of him in his college uniform. He is the last one. The other 2 are grown & have families of there own.

pollym44 03-05-2011 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by k9dancer

Originally Posted by pollym44
The quilting is amazing. NOW, WHAT IS An AVATAR??????? I really don't know. :roll:

An avatar is that little picture that is below our name.

Thanks K9, I really didn't know.

fireworkslover 03-05-2011 08:59 AM

Mine is a close up of a OBW I made for my son. It's titled" "Parrots, Toucans, Macaws Oh My".

pollym44 03-05-2011 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by k9dancer

Originally Posted by pollym44
The quilting is amazing. NOW, WHAT IS An AVATAR??????? I really don't know. :roll:

An avatar is that little picture that is below our name.

Once I find out HOW to post pics, I'M GONNA GET ME ON OF THOSE THINGS!!! :lol: