Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   What is your Avatar about? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-your-avatar-about-t105027.html)

Sew and Sew 03-05-2011 10:34 AM

My avatar is where we live. We are from Tennessee and love the country and our log home.

Iluv2quilt 03-05-2011 10:36 AM

Gorgeous! Nice work on your applique! :thumbup:

Grandma Peg 03-05-2011 12:04 PM

Beautiful quilt.

Quilter54 03-05-2011 12:10 PM

Don't have one. Don't know how to do it.

Suzi 03-05-2011 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mary O
How many have held a hummingbird in their life time?

I have - a nest of 3 that fell to the ground. Mama was panic-stricken and we tied the tiny nest back where it belonged with thread. Mama seemed to be grateful and immediately went to her babies. I have pictures somewhere but can't find them when I need them ..;o)

My avatar is of one of my babies that I have bred - I try to change the pic fairly often.

Suzi 03-05-2011 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by pollym44
The quilting is amazing. NOW, WHAT IS An AVATAR??????? I really don't know. :roll:

polly - an avatar is the small picture that is on the board with your name (to the left).

noreeli 03-05-2011 01:01 PM

Your quilt is beautiful.... My avatar is my 3'rd grandchild, who is also my first grand-daughter... born this past November...

granny5 03-05-2011 01:18 PM

Beautiful Quilt! My avatar is a photo of a quilt I made for my grandsons. They are all involved in school sports; football, basketball and track, they are the "Cowboys" and their colors are black and gold. They live in a small town in the panhandle of Texas. Since I live about 6 hours from them and cannot make all their sporting events, I wanted to make them something to let them know I am always thinking of them. They are big, strong, boys with tender hearts - they loved the quilt, and granny was thrilled to be able to make it for them.

fleurdelisquilts.com 03-05-2011 01:50 PM

Sorry everyone, when I wrote this, I thought this was the picture in my avatar. The pink one is just another of my quilts.

Originally Posted by fleurdelisquilts.com
Thanks for asking this question Suzequilts. I've really enjoyed reading the thread.

My avatar is of a quilt that I designed and sewed while helping my dad to care for my mom who had Alzheimers and cancer. We had decided to forgo treatment. My life was so filled with her terminal illnesses and the stress of my job and family that I felt as though I was living in a dark pit. Anyway, I had the idea to make a bright, happy quilt. This is it. It probably kept me from falling into the bottom of that pit. Just before her death, I was able to tell mom that the quilt won a first place ribbon in our guild show. I don't really think she understood my words, but I told her anyway.

katyquilter 03-05-2011 02:19 PM

Your quilt is awesome. mine is a lone star quilt that gave me fits, especially the border, but I persevered and it turned out awesome. It was a gift to my son on his 5th wedding anniversary.