Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   What is your Avatar about? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-your-avatar-about-t105027.html)

Kayaker26 03-05-2011 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by momcpo
Mine is the quilt I made for my youngest son who graduated from Army Basic and Military Police school in Nov '10.

Thank him for serving for us please!

CoventryUK 03-05-2011 02:47 PM

Mine is a Family Tree I made for my parents Diamond Wedding in 2000. My Dad died in 2003 aged 88, my Mum died 2009 aged 93! I inherited it and it now hangs in my hallway as a reminder of Happy Times!! My husband transferred the photos onto fabric via his computer which was a learning curve in those days!!

kwhite 03-05-2011 02:49 PM

My avitar is me 50 pounds ago. It is encouragment. I WILL be there again.

applique 03-05-2011 03:03 PM

For the past 7 years we have had a yearly family quilt challenge. We take turns picking a focus fabric. Three of my six sisters, a brother-in-law and a niece have competed. My sister in Ohio learned to make log cabin squares and before she passed away I put them into a quilt for her only grandson. She and her husband who passed away just a couple years before her signed fabric to go on the back. My youngest sister is going to quilt it for us and it will go to Ohio to live.

AnitaSt 03-05-2011 03:30 PM

Mine is my quilting goal...a Mariner's Compass.

dljennings 03-05-2011 03:36 PM

mine is called the Queen's Quilt.. many years ago, my oldest dd had a nasty attitude at the dinner table.. i told her that if she was the princess, that made me the queen...

it is a shop hop pattern from the MA shop hop 2009... the name of the pattern is "a charming quilt" i had origially purchased the black for a jacket, but it was laying on my cutting table with the charms and it really wanted to be a quilt.. i handquilted the crowns in the open spaces..

dgd thinks it should be hers, because i fussy cut a square with a teddy bear from scrapps of her baby quilt..

maybe someday...

chickadeee55 03-05-2011 03:39 PM

Mine is a picture of the Pin Cushions that I make, they are like my quilting, they also let me personalize my creations.

KSenn 03-05-2011 03:46 PM

Mine is the quilt a made for my daughter and her cat, McKenzie. They both live in Texas now. Thanks to the person who presented this thread. It's been fun getting all the background on the avatars and "getting to know" everyone.

quiltwoman 03-05-2011 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine is the reason I have no money, no time to quilt, but am really enjoying the hard work.
She is Lady Annabelle, a horse I rescued. :thumbup:

My sweetie pie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]147323[/ATTACH]

k9dancer 03-05-2011 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by applique
For the past 7 years we have had a yearly family quilt challenge. We take turns picking a focus fabric. Three of my six sisters, a brother-in-law and a niece have competed. My sister in Ohio learned to make log cabin squares and before she passed away I put them into a quilt for her only grandson. She and her husband who passed away just a couple years before her signed fabric to go on the back. My youngest sister is going to quilt it for us and it will go to Ohio to live.

What a stimulating family environment. Are they all as talented as you?