Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   What is your Avatar about? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-your-avatar-about-t105027.html)

Quilting Nana 03-05-2011 04:23 PM

I havent figured out to put one up yet. But I love this tread.

rushdoggie 03-05-2011 04:44 PM

Mine is of my doggie rushing!

It is Argos, 9 month old Border Collie puppy racing around on his first ever snow day.

CarolLady 03-05-2011 04:46 PM

Mine is of a quilt top I made for my daughter. I haven't finished the quilt yet. Got side tracked. lol

Divokittysmom 03-05-2011 04:48 PM

My avatar & name all revolve around that precious little kitty pictured. That is Divo our rescue kitty...and I am Divokittys mom. He is a sweet lovey little guy.

auntjo 03-05-2011 05:13 PM

Mine is the 2nd of 4 Christmas quilts I pieced and hand-appliqued and completed the tops on about 15 years ago after a gal in our guild got us started w/the patterns. I was between my daycare business going defunct & starting back to school to finish up my degree to teach. I designed the borders and found backing material about 10 years ago while shuttling my now 24yo son to various college interviews and oldest D got hers after 1st G'd was born 7 years ago as a family X'mas present.

This is the one D#2 got after she returned from her 2nd deployment to Afghanistan a couple years ago. Unfortunately the year I decided to start the quilting on it for her 5th married Christmas - they got a divorce - but she still appreciates it and this next year it will move to Italy w/her to her new duty station following her tour this year in Korea.

The last two were intended for the two youngest boys when they are established in a marriage & have their own homes. Tho now they are only 21 and 24 w/no in the near future prospects on the horizon so I have quite some time to go to have to finish them up! :) At this point they may be the last quilts I completely finish by hand. So I did start the handquilting on the 3rd during the winter of 2009-10 thinking I'd finish it up & give one to my folks for last Xmas. I have yet to actually make them a large bed quilt and they are getting older w/my Dad being n bad health for a few years now. This was before I started in with my machine quilting learning curve last year and then took the long term HS teaching job for the remainder of this school year... So, it's still sitting in a hoop on the bed in the guest room waiting for me to sit & quilt on it some more - tho now when I do get a chance to quilt I'm working on my new to me Tin Lizzie -- so don't know if it will be done by this next Xmas either...

LadyJrhi 03-05-2011 05:38 PM

Mine is the "baby quilt" I am almost finished with for my new niece, Mariah. It accidentally measures 65"...I am not a visual thinker. *laugh* Somehow it didn't compute in my brain that 2.5" diamonds would end up so big. *smile* oh well! She will grow into it. It has been a labor of love and helped me thru some tough medical stuff this year.

reach for the stars 2 03-05-2011 05:40 PM

Mine is a pic of my grand-daughter and me, life is good

Ziva 03-05-2011 05:55 PM

Beautiful!

Kimmy P 03-05-2011 06:27 PM

The only quilts that I have completed are rag quilts, and my avatar is of my only grandchild, and pride and joy: Hannah, with her rag quilt.

sewTinker 03-05-2011 06:32 PM

I used to use a photo of a quilt I made for my fil. Currently that's me with my middle granddaughter taken two years ago at my gr'son's baptism. A happy day!