Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   What is your Avatar about? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-your-avatar-about-t105027.html)

manley 03-05-2011 06:39 PM

I change my from time to time but right now, it is the "shoo fly"on my farm shed.

sallyandtilly 03-05-2011 06:40 PM

Mine is of me and my pug Tilly. Tilly is 8 1/2 years old and she is my constant companion. A friend took this photo while she was visiting.

jitkaau 03-05-2011 06:50 PM

Mine is of some bowls that I made by sewing cord on the sewing machine - made 26 for an exhibition and sold 13 and 2 extra before and after the show. I'm definitely making more for this year.

Caer Urfa 03-05-2011 06:53 PM

Mine is of one of my favourite 1/12th scale dollhouses. It is called Caer Urfa, the ancient name for my husband's home town in UK. I think it is time I changed it to something else though.

moonwork42029 03-05-2011 06:54 PM

Mine is my first "patterned" quilt of the attic windows for our DGD. I had never used a pattern before, they were always just squares together.

Now I have a tube quilt started and am going crazy trying to square them up.

If it ever gets finished, I'll switch mine out also.

d.swindle 03-05-2011 06:55 PM

beautiful quilting,sometimes the quilting makes the quilt when you think it is a disaster.love it

d.swindle

Maria C 03-05-2011 07:23 PM

Mine is my blue and white quilt (obvious I know). It is simple in design and I love using lots of different fabrics. I really like the work on your avatar. Amazing.

bgullett 03-05-2011 07:25 PM

Mine is my pup. His new toy, duckie!

mpeters1200 03-05-2011 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by auntjo
This is the one D#2 got after she returned from her 2nd deployment to Afghanistan a couple years ago. Unfortunately the year I decided to start the quilting on it for her 5th married Christmas - they got a divorce - but she still appreciates it and this next year it will move to Italy w/her to her new duty station following her tour this year in Korea.

Our son is also on a duty station in Korea. He's supposed to be back in the states to finish up his time in the Army come August. It's a much longer time different than Iraq was. Will be glad when he and all of them can come home safe from where ever they are.

Thank her for her service, from another military family!

RobertaMarie 03-05-2011 07:54 PM

Mine is a Big Basket of Roses. I started to make a big quilt for my bed, using all hand appliquéd flowers, leaves, basket, etc. Then after knee replacement, I fell and broke my right wrist, so it kept me from sewing for a long time. When I started laying out the borders around the basket, my friends decided it was "too patterned" and encouraged me to take the roses from the border and add them to the basket, and make a wall hanging from the center panel. Then I hand quilted it and was happy with the result. I am a flower lover, so this makes me happy. Thanks for looking. I am loving this thread about avatars. It is a way to get to know more of you.