Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   What is your Avatar about? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/what-your-avatar-about-t105027.html)

Toni-in-Texas 03-06-2011 09:18 PM

This is a picture of the first home I lived in. It was in very rural Arkansas and is still a special place to me.

Vintage Bicycle 03-06-2011 09:25 PM

Mine is my baby boy and I a month or two ago, sitting in my comfy chair with one of the quilts I've done behind us :D

I love that pic - I don't know that I'll change it any time soon :)

PunkQuilter 03-07-2011 04:43 AM

Mine is a special quilt given to me by my close friends. They presented it to me just before I moved 350 miles away. It is a prized posession. The funny part is they lied to me and told me it was for a class sample at the shop where we taught. I diligently went through my stash and donated over a hundred pieces of fabric for what turned out to be a gift for me. I have the dearest friends, and I miss them so.

suezquilts 03-07-2011 05:55 AM

Somewhere in the post I had a couple questions... sorry I didn't answer them sooner.

McTavishing~ is the "S" shaped lines that are echoed around an applique in this quilt. It is a wonderful technique I was taught by Karen McTavish. (You can google her name) Our Gammill Dealer brings in great artists, and I have been able to take several classes over the past few years. Karen was a fun one to learn from, so talented.

The book pattern is called Garden Gatherings by Lisa Bongean, it is a wonderful BOM pattern.

So thanks for looking! I love reading these "stories of your lives" And see the joys and sorrows.

Enjoy the Art!

echobluff 03-07-2011 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
After showing my quilts for a long time, I recently changed mine to my horse. Gotta live up to my user name :D

Now all you need to do is quilt a saddle pad for your horse, and you'll be all about your user name, huh?

Shelbie 03-07-2011 07:26 AM

My avatar is my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Molly. Dogs have scared me for many years because I was bitten really badly by an Afghan. My daughter convinced me to keep Molly for her as she has returned to school full time and is moving. No one could be afraid of Molly. She is a lively spunky little ball of love and doesn't have a mean bone in her body. Cavaliers are wonderful companions and family dogs.

Fiber Artist 03-07-2011 08:28 AM

Mine is my Collie puppy named Darious.He is bigger now. :D :D

CGail 03-07-2011 11:07 AM

I don't have an avatar. I'm going to have to change that. - Cynthia

Frankie 03-07-2011 11:19 AM

My avatar is a quilt I gave my son and his wife. It took a long time to make and only two months for my son's wife to replace with a store bought blanket.......bummer! I kinda knew it wasn't her style, she likes store bought stuff and brand name but my son kept asking me, where's my quilt??? I had already made my grandchildren a quilt each so he felt like he wanted one too.

annpryor 03-07-2011 12:41 PM

That is gorgeous.