Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Where did the nine patch go?? New blocks added pg.3 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/where-did-nine-patch-go-new-blocks-added-pg-3-a-t10771.html)

ScubaK 09-01-2008 06:35 PM

That is gorgeous!
What is the 'trick" and where is the pattern found?
Wanna share? Plleease?
Kirsten

Deb G 09-01-2008 08:32 PM

I like the colors you chose. I'm making a disappearing nine patch in blues and I can't wait to get it finished.

gcathie 09-01-2008 11:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
KO24...Thank you.....I'll do my best...no big trick you'll see....

here's the blocks....

final block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17397[/ATTACH]

Block 1.....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17401[/ATTACH]

Block 2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64510[/ATTACH]

gcathie 09-01-2008 11:17 PM

KO24.....you can type in on the internet search engine and can come up with this.....pattern....but someone on here did a mostly pink Baby quilt in this pattern and I just loved it.....fun to do ...try it you'll love it oo

Loretta.... :oops: :roll: Ahh sucks.....Thank you kindly...your so sweet

Deb G....OMGosh....bet that is gonna be pretty.....can't wait to see that!

MaxineB 09-03-2008 03:26 AM

I love a baby quilt that is big enough for a child to grow into. The colors are soothing & sweet. I really like it. :D

Quilting Aggi 09-03-2008 03:46 AM

so am I right when I say, you make a 9 patch block then cut it into quarters? How big would you make the squares? That seems like a much easier way to make that quilt than to cut two different size squares and a rectangle and piece them all together.

reneebobby 09-03-2008 04:49 AM

Cathy your killing me over here. Since you keep whipping them out like there is no tommorrow. We have a post here somewhere on how to do it but Cathy you showed how to do it just perfect. Great job.

SewSew2 09-03-2008 05:20 AM

Cathie,

I am going to make this quilt after seeing yours....very creative the way you used part of nine patch for the border. I going am going to stop looking at all these beautiful quilts as I want to make them. However they keep me inspired.
Beth

gcathie 09-03-2008 07:19 AM

MaxineB.....this is the 42 x 42....I like it when I don't have to piece the back...I could make it a couple rows longer that would be kid size then...Oh well ....

Quilting Aggi....Yes you are right....this is how I did this.....I cut 2 1/2" strips......then I sewed strips together and then cut them into 2 1/2" strips and yatta yatta....went together really fast....did this make any sense???

reneebobby....Thanks, I seen this first I think it was from DJ on Jun 25...but it has taken on new life....then Jerri did one in black and white and I knew I had to do one too....it's so cool how different the blocks look after you cut them apart and mix them up...who would have thunk it.... :D

SewSew2....Ditto on the inspriration....I love looking at all the prettys....Thanks for your kind words...happy sewing

reneebobby 09-03-2008 07:29 AM

I'm trying to get one started also but have been really busy, and I still need to get at least 3 more I-spy tops done, but I just got the backs for them. YIPE found what I was looking for.