Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Working on a Farmer's Wife (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/working-farmers-wife-t179279.html)

Sandra in Minnesota 02-13-2012 07:04 PM

Wonderful blocks - keep going!

laurafet 02-13-2012 07:07 PM

They look beautiful! Use a dark solid for sashing to give the contrast and make them pop. It will look great!

BSKTLOFR-QUILTER 02-13-2012 07:12 PM

I understand where you are coming from but I really like the squares and colors that you've put together. I hope to take a page from your book and venture out a little bit in colors, vales, contrast. Please post finished quilt. It will be great.

QuiltE 02-13-2012 10:09 PM

Your blocks are looking great! You'll notice a difference once you put them all together with the sashing.

I just finished all my blocks a couple weeks ago and am waiting for my sashing fabric to come in. What helped me, was to put fabric on my design wall that I wanted to use for the sashing.

Another big help ... join the FWS threads here ... the ladies who did it in the Quilt-Along here on the Board were ever so helpful as I followed them along the trail, after their blocks were done. The support is still there, if you join the threads!

And bonus ... it helps you keep inspired, as you go along the way.

Scrapmouse 02-13-2012 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by laurafet (Post 4973125)
They look beautiful! Use a dark solid for sashing to give the contrast and make them pop. It will look great!

Totally agree. Dark sashing will make the colours pop. Beautiful blocks tho'.

PurpleBecca 02-14-2012 12:13 AM

This is looking great. Rearrange your blocks. I would watch yourcontrasrs. One or two blocks are not clear. When I have a problem deciding on a good contrast, I take a picture with my phone, in black and white. If they contrast well its clear in b&w. If not they Look the same..... Just a tip. Your quilt will be a beauty, just yhe way quilts should be!!!!!! Can't wait to see it finished.

SulaBug 02-14-2012 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 4972435)
I disagree. Your blocks are gorgeous, and you're going to have a lovely quilt.

I have to say that I feel the same way that Dunster does. They are just beautiful & you have nothing to worry about. Keep up the great work!!
:D :D :D :D

Anael 02-14-2012 03:29 AM

I love your blocks. Once you're finished and lay out your blocks you will see if they are ok. I don't think every block should have a lot of contrast, your eyes need a soft spot to land on!

raedar63 02-14-2012 04:08 AM

When I think of quilts such as the farmers wife I think of where they origionated. The quilts that would have been made from these patterns would have never been matchy fabrics as quilters of those days used what they had. That being said your blocks are beautiful !

catladyquilts 02-14-2012 04:10 AM

the blocks look great so far, can't wait to see the finished top