Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   You think Your Crazy... Look at my Dog Ear Collections~ (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/you-think-your-crazy-look-my-dog-ear-collections%7E-t20462.html)

dvseals 05-23-2009 11:22 AM

You could always use them for confetti at your next party ;) ;)

pocoellie 05-23-2009 11:47 AM

You could make a Chaos quilt out of them.

Jaynie 05-23-2009 02:18 PM

I don't think your crazy, I wish I had those for myself. I am working on a quilt made entirely of the little bits of fabric that you use to sew onto & off of when doing pieceing. I don't throw anything away!!! I also have another with snippets I put under tulle then quilted to make blocks. You would be surprised what you can make a quilt block out of,...and I also keep many clear jars around with bits of fabric THEY LOOK PRETTY.

kwhite 05-23-2009 03:06 PM

you could do like a shadow trapunto quilt and put them under organza and quilt the snot out of them.

Izy 05-23-2009 03:16 PM

You can sandwich them between two sheets of water disolvable stabiliser and free motion quilt using all your fancy threads, then wash most of the stabiliser out and drape it it over a fancy dish to dry and create something totally unique :wink: :D

sewjoyce 05-23-2009 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
You can sandwich them between two sheets of water disolvable stabiliser and free motion quilt using all your fancy threads, then wash most of the stabiliser out and drape it it over a fancy dish to dry and create something totally unique :wink: :D

That sounds like fun!! Fabric cups!

littlehud 05-23-2009 06:16 PM

What great ideas everyone has. I just was thinking how pretty they looked in the jar. Silly me. :oops:

Blue Bell 05-23-2009 06:23 PM

That's a great idea, Izy.

KittyGram 05-26-2009 12:50 PM

At your next party you could play "Guess how many dog ears...."

Yikes!!! I wouldn't want to be the one that counts them all!!!!! LOL!!!!

amma 05-26-2009 04:29 PM

If there is not any stitching on them, you can throw some in an old craft blender with water and pulse them into a pulp. 1/4 cup snippets and fill the blender up 2/3 full of water. Find cookie cutters with the tops open, lay them on paper towels and smash the pulp into them. When the cookie cutter is full and the pulp smashed down well, push a sponge down on it and then squeeze the water out of it, repeat until you get most all of the water out. Carefully remove it from the cookie cutter and let air dry. I made these and poked holes into the tops of them when they were dry and glued ribbon into them and they were cute hanging off of bookmarks. I used small cookie cutters for them, larger ones kids can make, decorate and have Christmas ornaments. You could also string them together for a garland. This works for making "fabric" paper too. Blue jean fabric works even better for this, just have to cut it as small as these snippets first.