Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Quilt gone missing ... >
  • Quilt gone missing ...

• Quilt gone missing ...

Old 01-30-2012, 06:59 AM

Oh I hope it is just stuck somewhere and it will still show up. It is a beauty.
    Old 01-30-2012, 07:07 AM

Pray that it will turn up! It is beautiful!!
    Old 01-30-2012, 07:58 AM

I am so very sorry your friend has not yet received her quilt. The quilt is beautiful. I pray she gets it.
    The postal service is getting quite lazy as of late. My DH and I recived our 1070's from S.S.,both our address and P.O. Box is listed. S.S. asked for this information. Post office stamped it for us to note too sender, not to use the street address and use the P.O. Box. What the heck?? The P.O. Box was as plain as the nose on my face. My DH was really mad.
    Old 01-30-2012, 08:08 AM

It's a beautiful quilt and sorry to hear that it's gone missing. When did you mail it and how did you mail it? Sometimes it takes a while to get packages. I mailed off two baby quilts to a cousin in June and it took a while to get there. Make sure to ask for delivery confirmation, that way you'll know when it gets there.
    Old 01-30-2012, 09:33 AM

So sorry your quilt lost it's way. It is such a lovley quilt. I hope it finds it's way.
    Old 01-30-2012, 09:40 AM

I am so sorry!! That is a very nice quilt. And it is frightening anymore to send things when they are mistreated.
    A few months back, I found a website for missing quilts. You might want to put the pic and quilt ID on there too.
    Someone said to put your info on the quilt incase the package is destroyed
    Old 01-30-2012, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by EskapetheNorm
    Mailed to a friend across the state and she still doesn't have it.

Not expecting it to show, but know that knowing this group will sympathize.
    I would suggest anytime you mail something that you are concerned about, send it certified. It only cost a few dollars and the person has to sign for it. It has numbers that are traceable and should make it much harder to "lose" in the mail.
    Old 01-30-2012, 01:26 PM

I really get annoyed that I am suppose to spend extra money to make sure someone does their job properly. I send things parcel post but what I do is put so many addresses in the box they have no reason to say they didn't have one. I have had medicine, Clearly marked on the box , sit for an entire week in the Norfolk PO . Why? I tape an address on each thing I have in the box Put one taped to the inside bottom , and one taped to the very top. This is besides the address on the out side. I tape the bejabbers out of my box , like my DD says I water proof them. The only way these boxes will break open most times if if they are run over. Personally I think people should stop making excuses for lack of pride in jobs. I realize there are good people working for the PO but a lot seem to be very lackluster. Personally in this day and age I would be busting my butt to make sure I kept a job
    Old 01-30-2012, 01:57 PM

I feel your pain and frustration, but facts are facts and I certainly don't want to loose something I've spent so much time and work creating. If a couple of dollars make sure the package reaches it destination, I'm willing to spend the extra. If you don't like the US postal service there's always UPS or FedEx.
    Old 01-30-2012, 02:28 PM

That is a beautiful quilt, sorry it has not turned up. I hope you insured it. That is not a lot of help as to the time you put into it, but at least you can get something for it.