Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Quilt Pink 2008 >
  • Quilt Pink 2008

• Quilt Pink 2008

Old 07-16-2008, 07:33 AM

Great job!!! Can't wait to see it after it's quilted!

Kyia
    Old 07-16-2008, 08:12 AM

It's beautiful! Hope you rake in the big bucks for the cause!
    Old 07-16-2008, 09:56 AM

That is beautiful! Did you come up with the pattern by yourself?
    Old 07-16-2008, 04:41 PM

Thanks so much for the kind words. My maternal Grandmother had breast cancer. My mom struggles with issues and as recently as a few weeks ago was fighting with her breast docs....no cancer as yet, but really in a "ticking time bomb" situation there. I am lumpy (fibrocystic) so go every year since my mid 20s......that said I try to participate in the Susan G Komen stuff when it comes around.....

to answer the questions:

MGSHAW & BZang
    I think I like that wonderCut....it was easy to understand and it made the work go by really fast. You could see a result, making it easier to keep going.. Using fat quarters a strip got me 6 HST. Using an actual 1/4 yard cut I got 13 HST. A strip goes together and cuts REALLY FAST.

Now, being a newbie may make it easier for me to adapt to a tool that does it differently.Since I'm not locked into the hold stand by way of doing it...... Not sure, but also being a newbie I think that

BARBSBUS
    comment about nailing the points goes to show that the wondercut was kind of "fool proof" and thank you BARBSBUS!! I really think that the ruler makes them all exactly the same and then it was just up to me to use accurate seam allowances.....

TIGERBABY & LADYBUG
    I think they plan to sell raffle tix starting in August, we are having a fund raiser yard sale/hot dog sale then and it will be the start of when the members see the quilt. They say they are planning to sell them for just $1 each. We are a Credit Union in a lower income/industrial part of town so $1 is more the norm here.

PURPL7
    That is just how they turned out when I laid them on my design floor LOL (no wall yet)....I am sure that the 4 big/dark blocks in the middle are some known pattern, I just have no idea what it is......then I had planned to just do random for the rest but my mind can't do random, and I ended up with those braid looking borders. I am sure they have a name too, I just don't know it either. So I guess, no, it is not a pattern. It just came out of my head that way.

again, thanks for looking and the nice comments. You guys are all so great and supportive of each other here and I really appreciate the atmosphere!!

Tracy
    Old 07-16-2008, 04:57 PM

Tracy,

If you want to pm with the address for the credit union, I would love to send you a check for 10 tickets.

Thanks,
    Trisha

PS if I win I pay shipping :) :) :)
    Old 07-16-2008, 04:59 PM

WOW!!! Just cannot believe this is your third quilt!! I guess the magic tool was useful, then...
    Old 07-16-2008, 05:13 PM

Trisha,
    Sad to say but I have no idea the address while at home. I know our street address, but we have no mail service there for security reasons. We get all mail to P O boxes. I will try to remember to write ours down this week and let you know. I really appreciate the offer to buy some too!!

Louise,
    thanks!!! several of you guys are so "surprised" it is my third. I guess the Magic tool is to thank....I got so tickled when I read that calling it a magic tool. I guess in a way it is cause you do it all "wrong" when you use it. I think that is a good name for it!!!

Here is a link to it if any of you are interested. There are some nice pix in the gallery of quilts and some other ways to use the ruler other than for HST units.
    www.wondercutruler.com
    but I think if you wanted one it would be better to buy at your quilt shop to avoid shipping. The total is 22.50 on the site and my store sold mine for $17.95 and no shipping.

Tracy
    Old 07-16-2008, 05:28 PM

beauitful quilt love the design and the fact that its pink one of my favorite colors
    Old 07-16-2008, 05:36 PM
    Power Poster

Wow. OK, when I read about the schedule they asked you to use and then that you had only done 2 quilts before, well...I thought, oh no, I'd be a nervous wreck and bald from pulling my hair out :oops: :oops: I have to say that it looks like you handled it marvelously from trying your new "miracle" tool, to designing the quilt and then getting it done. You deserve a huge pat on the back and loud applause..so

(((applause..clapping...clapping))))

((BACK PAT, BACK PAT)) :thumbup:
    Old 07-16-2008, 07:23 PM

What a beautiful quilt and fantastic job you did on laying out your HST. You're a natural, look forward to seeing your next projects. :D