Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • The Quilt Show BOM >
  • The Quilt Show BOM

• The Quilt Show BOM

Old 02-04-2013, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
    I know I haven't been here in awhile, posting anyway, but I do read. I seem to have lost my mojo lately.. like for the last year. I've hardly worked on anything, just go to work, come home, and do a lot of nothing. My job is up in the air, parent company declared bankruptcy, hundreds of people let go, and no idea really what is going to happen when. I suppose that probably contributes to my overall malaise.
    Just about the only thing I have worked on is the BOM from The Quilt Show. Obviously I haven't done much work on it since I am several months behind. This is what's completed so far, month 5, and I have the 9 diamond-shaped blocks (months 6, 7, & 8) that go around the outside about done, need to do the applique stitching on them.
    I'm in a slump too...but this is a beauty and if it doesn't get your mojo rising, not sure what will! Keep up the good work...it is gorgeous!
    Old 02-04-2013, 12:35 PM

It's beautiful!!!! Totally understand the job fears. Almost every family in this area has had someone loose a long time job. It's frightening. Just take things one day at a time.

Kat
    Old 02-04-2013, 01:22 PM

Wow, what lovely colors and great piecing!
    Old 02-04-2013, 01:42 PM

Wow..that is gorgeous!!!!!
    Old 02-04-2013, 03:24 PM

What a great idea, maybe a quilting buddy is just what she needs.
    Originally Posted by Jan in VA
    Pam,
    How about if we agree that you will check-in here in this thread, by, say, Thursday of this week and tell us/me when you have made the appointment with your doctor.

In return I will commit to post that I have nearly finished piecing the African lapas quilt that I have been procrastinating over for 5 months....and it's a commission for a darling teacher from northern VA! I just don't want to get on with it, can not make myself start each day, and have been making a thousand excuses not to work on it. It's becoming a huge problem and is now almost overwhelming me every day that I think about it.

Agree? If we both have an agreed deadline, friend to friend, maybe we can bite this bullet and move forward a tiny bit. One step at a time.

I commit to working at least 6 hours on the lapas quilt by Friday 8th. Jan in VA
    You???
    Old 02-04-2013, 03:31 PM

It is absolutely gorgeous what you have done.
    Old 02-04-2013, 03:52 PM

Wow That is going to be georgeous!!!Don't lose the faith It will come when it's ready but boy is it going to be spectacular!!!!
    Old 02-04-2013, 04:18 PM

This is truly a beauty as everyone else has said. If you can't get up the oomph to work on it right now, why not try something small and quickly completed that will give you a feeling of accomplishment to get you going. I like to have quickies in amongst my bigger projects. Maybe a wall hanging or a tote or even a border for a pillowcase. Know that all of us are familiar with your type situation and will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. I have several family members in similar circumstances.
    Old 02-04-2013, 06:17 PM

I have a simple quilt that is partially done, just needs a little applique stitching and the borders. Think I'll make some coffee (so I don't just lay down and sleep the evening away) and go upstairs. Also... I heard very hush, hush today that there is going to be some type of announcement at work on Wednesday. It could be good news if the grapevine is to be believed, at least for the time being. I'll just need to take it as it comes and keep doing what I'm doing. I need to get out of this slump. I've never been like this. I used to get up at 5:30 in the morning so I could sew for an hour before getting ready for work (how I got so much sewing done). I worked on my house and my garden, always, always doing something.
    Old 02-04-2013, 06:48 PM

Wow...what a gorgeous quilt. I love your color choices, too. Hopefully you will get some good news at work Wednesday. When my DH was in the AF, I think we transferred just about every spring. I was always fearful of not finding a job at our new location. There was only one base location that I was not able to find a job. But I know your fear and the uncertainty of it all. Will keep you in my prayers. When finished, your quilt will be breathtaking. Anxiously waiting to see the finished product.