Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Quilt show for Royal Family Kids Camp >
  • Quilt show for Royal Family Kids Camp

• Quilt show for Royal Family Kids Camp

Old 06-28-2024, 08:13 AM

Default Quilt show for Royal Family Kids Camp

Hi everyone, yesterday we gave these quilts to the reps of RFKC to be distributed to the kids going to camp next week. The kids names were embroidered on each quilt, trying to match the theme to the child. That means it’s theirs and no one else’s and they can take with them, when camp is over. I always think when quilts are displayed together they make a beautiful picture! Also earlier, before the reps came, Nora showed her top to the ladies in my group. They were very supportive, as all of you were, and encouraged her to keep quilting. (I posted her quilt earlier if you missed it, it’s titled ‘Nora’s on point quilt’. To those of you that commented, she read each comment with a smile on her face and I know she appreciated each one. Thank you
    The pastor of the church we sew at, asked the Lord’s blessing on each child attending camp next week and receiving these quilts made with love. May the children have happy and lasting memories , from next week’s ministry.
    Enjoy all the colorful beauty!-Toogie
    Attached Thumbnails img_4711.jpeg   img_4710.jpeg   img_4811.jpeg   img_4723.jpeg   img_4718.jpeg  

Old 06-28-2024, 08:58 AM

That looks so wonderful. Great work and many happy children!
    Old 06-28-2024, 11:32 AM

Wonderful photos. They look so amazing all together
    Old 06-28-2024, 04:50 PM

Wonderful quilts that will give those kids lots of comfort.
    Old 06-28-2024, 05:22 PM

What a nice selection of wonderful quilts! Personalized quilts are the best gift ever for kids away from home.
    Old Yesterday, 02:27 AM

Oh my how beautiful the quilts look over the church pews. What a wonderful ministry to make quilts for children in foster care going to camp. Thank you for sharing the photos.
    Old Yesterday, 04:13 AM

What a wonderful idea. Congratulations! One of the local groups do something similar for foster kids who have left the system and are entering college. These students often come with so little because they do not have a family supporting their transition to college and adult life. Each student is gifted a quilt. The group does about 60 a year. Wondering how many quilts your group made?

Three cheers for Nora. She is developing so much more than just quilting skills as she watches you and your group find purpose in your work buy sharing with the kiddos.
    Old Yesterday, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach
    What a wonderful idea. Congratulations! One of the local groups do something similar for foster kids who have left the system and are entering college. These students often come with so little because they do not have a family supporting their transition to college and adult life. Each student is gifted a quilt. The group does about 60 a year. Wondering how many quilts your group made?

Three cheers for Nora. She is developing so much more than just quilting skills as she watches you and your group find purpose in your work buy sharing with the kiddos.
    We only needed to make 30 or 35 but we exceeded that so we have a start for next year. I think we plan to do this for awhile. One year we made and gave 60-65 for CASA kids, for Christmas. It is always so pretty to see so many together on the pews.

I’m giving a quilt today at our annual ‘4th’ BBQ/family reunion. It’s usually around 100 more or less and I usually make gifts for all the women. This year I didn’t get to make any in time, because of my accident, so we will just have a drawing for a quilt. It’s a 70x90 so maybe twin🤷‍♀️.

I need to see if I can manage quilting again soon and while she is off for the summer. I think once she sees it finished she will want to make another one. She has a cousin being born this year so maybe she will do a baby quilt this time. She wanted to make one for their little boy but I wanted her first one to be hers to keep. She is quiet but I can tell how proud she is of making this one. Thanks to all of you for encouraging her.
    Old Yesterday, 04:53 AM

How lovely! A lot of work and blessings.
    Old Yesterday, 05:32 AM

What a great project you gals have undertaken. Nice memory for these kids.