Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Quilting Board takes on Shipshewana, IN >
  • Quilting Board takes on Shipshewana, IN

• Quilting Board takes on Shipshewana, IN

Old 06-29-2010, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by laparshall
    I got two of the tiny hexagons done. I'm thinking the 1/2" inchers would have been small enough.

More pictures of quilts. Gotta love those perfectly matched points in the star.

When can we go again? I think we should make it a weekend road trip next time.
    Ya know.. I am REALLY glad that you and OOangel are sooo GREAT at pointing out all the great "lone stars".... you are both MEAN!!!!
    Old 06-29-2010, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Kellie G
    You all look like you had a blast. I was in Shipshewana last week on a camping trip, went to 6 different quilt stores in Northern Indiana. Love it. Loved Lolly's---did you guys go downstairs at Lolly's??? Lots of sales down there, and the fabric is great quality!!!!!
    We did go to the basement at Lolly's. That is where we had to hold Hanna's Mom back when she wanted to dive into the boat of fat quarters. Honestly, I dared her to get in and sit on the seat so we could take her picture, but I think she didn't want to risk it showing up on facebook one day so she wouldn't do it. Boy we looked at so many FQ's. That was one of the best parts of our trip. The lady that worked there were especially nice too. She gave us a list of different quiting shops and fabric stores to check out. Yep! Lots of fun.
    Thats VERY true.. I wanted to get in the boat with all the fabric. I really think that is how heaven is going to be.. LOL! I was afraid we would all get kicked out of there and the boat would tip over if I got in there.. LOL!!!
    Old 06-29-2010, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mary Lynn
    Did you girls go out to the convention center for the quilt show that was there? They had 156 quilts hanging on display and you could vote for the ones you thought were the best.
    I took 115 photo's of quilts before my battery ran down.
    This was the second annual quilt festival and they have next years on June 22-25 ,2011 put it on the calender so you don't forget.
    My cousin and I went down and we met some gals that were on a tour bus from Canada. It was great fun....
    Wheres the pictures of the quilts.. I wanna see!!!
    Old 06-29-2010, 08:24 PM

All of you look like you had a blast. Thats what its all about. Glad you had a nice trip
    Old 06-29-2010, 08:34 PM

Forgot to ask. What did you buy?
    Old 06-30-2010, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by hannahsmom
    I got two of the tiny hexagons done. I'm thinking the 1/2" inchers would have been small enough.

Ya know.. I am REALLY glad that you and OOangel are sooo GREAT at pointing out all the great "lone stars".... you are both MEAN!!!!
    OOangel, we may have pushed her too far on the stars!
    Sorry Hanna's Mom, say you'll forgive us.
    laparshall
    Old 06-30-2010, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Kellie G
    You all look like you had a blast. I was in Shipshewana last week on a camping trip, went to 6 different quilt stores in Northern Indiana. Love it. Loved Lolly's---did you guys go downstairs at Lolly's??? Lots of sales down there, and the fabric is great quality!!!!!
    We did go to the basement at Lolly's. That is where we had to hold Hanna's Mom back when she wanted to dive into the boat of fat quarters. Honestly, I dared her to get in and sit on the seat so we could take her picture, but I think she didn't want to risk it showing up on facebook one day so she wouldn't do it. Boy we looked at so many FQ's. That was one of the best parts of our trip. The lady that worked there were especially nice too. She gave us a list of different quiting shops and fabric stores to check out. Yep! Lots of fun.
    Thats VERY true.. I wanted to get in the boat with all the fabric. I really think that is how heaven is going to be.. LOL! I was afraid we would all get kicked out of there and the boat would tip over if I got in there.. LOL!!!
    You know with all of those pictures that we took and had others take, none of us got a picture of that boat full of FQ's or all of us in front of it! What were we thinking?
    Old 06-30-2010, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by annette1952
    Forgot to ask. What did you buy?
    I'll try to take pictures of what I bought and post this weekend. I got some beautiful fabric.
    Old 07-08-2010, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Twin Sisters
    Where are you from in Michigan?
    Ooangel and I came from the Lansing area...
    laparshall came from Jackson and STAR from Grand Rapids area I believe.. we all met up and had a BLAST!!!
    Old 07-08-2010, 05:40 AM

OOangel, we may have pushed her too far on the stars!
    Sorry Hanna's Mom, say you'll forgive us.
    laparshall
    LOL..... of course I will!! I was just teasing you girls... like you do me ya know.. LOL!!