Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Rainbow Log Cabin Quilt >
  • Rainbow Log Cabin Quilt

• Rainbow Log Cabin Quilt

Old 09-22-2014, 08:32 AM

Beautiful quilting.
    Old 09-22-2014, 08:38 AM

Beautiful work, I love log cabins, and yours is exceptional. I really like how you added the blue/gray in the blocks.
    Old 09-22-2014, 08:47 AM

BEAUTIFUL, love the colors and the awesome quilting.
    Old 09-22-2014, 11:57 AM
    Power Poster

Your quilt is gorgeous, nicely done, especially with the white and grey for the light side of the log cabin. I can feel your pain about your DD sitting on it at a baseball game. Yikes. However, once a quilt is made and received, it is sort of out of our control. I make family reunion quilts for our bi-annual family reunions. I was shocked and also hurt to see a picture of one of my nephews lying on the quilt with his very large, black dog. Horrors. I guess I put more significance into the quilt than he did; however, this particular quilt was made in loving memory of one of my older brothers who passed away 6 months before the July reunion. When I started making these reunion quilts, I anticipated that they would be considered "family heirlooms" and treated with some respect, unlike the quilt I made my 12 year old son, who took the quilt every where he went, even to the beach, but I made it for a 12 year old boy, definitely not anticipating it would be treated with white gloves, so to speak. I will,however, continue to make the reunion quilts, I've already received several pieces of purple fabric to be used in next year's quilt, which will be purple - my challenge is to make a pretty quilt from fabrics I did not choose. This is my bi-annual challenge to myself to make quilts with sometimes very unusual fabrics; but they all seem to come out looking beautiful in the end. It's a gorgeous quilt.
    Old 09-22-2014, 02:41 PM

Awesome, I really like it!
    Old 09-22-2014, 04:10 PM

What a wonderful take on a traditional quilt. The quilting is beautiful also.
    Old 09-22-2014, 04:50 PM

Thank you I loved hearing your story! Yes it is out of our control once they leave home! LOL!
    Originally Posted by MargeD
    Your quilt is gorgeous, nicely done, especially with the white and grey for the light side of the log cabin. I can feel your pain about your DD sitting on it at a baseball game. Yikes. However, once a quilt is made and received, it is sort of out of our control. I make family reunion quilts for our bi-annual family reunions. I was shocked and also hurt to see a picture of one of my nephews lying on the quilt with his very large, black dog. Horrors. I guess I put more significance into the quilt than he did; however, this particular quilt was made in loving memory of one of my older brothers who passed away 6 months before the July reunion. When I started making these reunion quilts, I anticipated that they would be considered "family heirlooms" and treated with some respect, unlike the quilt I made my 12 year old son, who took the quilt every where he went, even to the beach, but I made it for a 12 year old boy, definitely not anticipating it would be treated with white gloves, so to speak. I will,however, continue to make the reunion quilts, I've already received several pieces of purple fabric to be used in next year's quilt, which will be purple - my challenge is to make a pretty quilt from fabrics I did not choose. This is my bi-annual challenge to myself to make quilts with sometimes very unusual fabrics; but they all seem to come out looking beautiful in the end. It's a gorgeous quilt.
    Old 09-22-2014, 05:33 PM
    Power Poster

Bright and cheery! Great quilting
    Old 09-22-2014, 06:07 PM

Nice quilt and quilting.
    Old 09-23-2014, 12:05 AM

Thanks for the instructions. Another one to add to the bucket list. Beautiful quilt so modern looking.