Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Remember the room that needs a mini-makeover and the 2 little pillows that called for more? Well, bed runner to the rescue! >
  • Remember the room that needs a mini-makeover and the 2 little pillows that called for more? Well, bed runner to the rescue!

• Remember the room that needs a mini-makeover and the 2 little pillows that called for more? Well, bed runner to the rescue!

Old 07-15-2011, 04:12 AM

so cute
    Old 07-15-2011, 04:34 AM

That is so cute!! I love the whole thing. And, don't think I didn't notice that gorgeous whole piece quilt underneath! Beautiful.
    Old 07-15-2011, 05:08 AM

I have to comment toooo, I LOVE IT
    Old 07-15-2011, 05:51 AM

That is perfect - just the right touch!!
    Old 07-15-2011, 06:50 AM

Wow. You do wonderful work. Ever think of doing designing as a side line?
    Old 07-15-2011, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Marvel
    Wow. You do wonderful work. Ever think of doing designing as a side line?

I've never thought of it before though I do enjoy the designing aspect of quilting a lot. It's a little nerve wracking only because I don't have much quilting experience and I'm not sure how the picture in my head and paper will translate to the actual work...but I can see that improving as I gain experience.
    Old 07-18-2011, 06:33 AM

Beautiful! Great job!
    Old 07-18-2011, 03:38 PM

Pretty!
    Old 07-20-2011, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by karenm36
    Originally Posted by oma66
    Karen, I must say, your points are very impressive. Wonderful work. Love the color combination, the design is just lovely. Use of the buttons adds such dimension. Did you design it yourself?

I would just do straight line quilting following the triangle and square shapes. I don't think it needs a lot of quilting, just enough to accent the shapes used. It looks wonderful with the pillows.
    Thank you so much. I must say, I'm pretty proud of those points! ;-) For some reason the tube piecing seemed to make it easier to line up the seems for the points than when I did pinwheels on the previous quilt I did. And yes, I did design this. What mental gymnastics that is! lol! So difficult to imagine in my mind what I want and wonder if when I start cutting and sewing if it's going to come out like I want it. In the end, I just had to trust the process and that the outcome would kind of define itself...and it did just that...and I'm more than pleased!
    You answered another post saying that this quilting thing may become long term...oh, I hope so. You have a talent for design and color and it would be ashame to not use that ability. Will be looking for more of your lovely work.
    Old 07-20-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by karenm36
    Karen, I must say, your points are very impressive. Wonderful work. Love the color combination, the design is just lovely. Use of the buttons adds such dimension. Did you design it yourself?

I would just do straight line quilting following the triangle and square shapes. I don't think it needs a lot of quilting, just enough to accent the shapes used. It looks wonderful with the pillows.
    Thank you so much. I must say, I'm pretty proud of those points! ;-) For some reason the tube piecing seemed to make it easier to line up the seems for the points than when I did pinwheels on the previous quilt I did. And yes, I did design this. What mental gymnastics that is! lol! So difficult to imagine in my mind what I want and wonder if when I start cutting and sewing if it's going to come out like I want it. In the end, I just had to trust the process and that the outcome would kind of define itself...and it did just that...and I'm more than pleased!
    You answered another post saying that this quilting thing may become long term...oh, I hope so. You have a talent for design and color and it would be ashame to not use that ability. Will be looking for more of your lovely work.
    Aw, thank you so much...your comment warms my heart. There is something really fascinating about the whole process of designing that I'm finding is something I enjoy in spite of it being a bit anxiety producing at times. I love a good challenge! I must admit though...my next quilt is going to be done using a pattern...and I'm kind of glad about that! ;-) Oh, BTW, I took your advise and just did an echo outline of the flowers and stitched 1/4 inch around the other shapes...just enough to anchor everything down and define the shapes...and it was just what it seemed to need. Didn't need a lot of quilting.