Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 >
  • Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

• Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Old 09-11-2013, 03:39 PM

Yes you are right Sandy. The 1st center blocks were suppose to be divisible by 3's. 12 1/2", 18 1/2", etc. up to 24 1/2" was the max. But if they are not then you have to figure it out. I'm having that same problem with Linda's center right now. I made 3 1/2"x 6 1/2" flying geese blocks today and I'm 1 1/2" short because of the middle. In order for it to come out standard widths for everyone I have to do either strips only and add a 3/4" finished border all the way around it. I'll just post a pic here and give you the examples I made for Linda and she can tell me which one she wants me to do.[ATTACH=CONFIG]435427[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]435428[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]435429[/ATTACH]On Teresa's round she could make it fit because of the long piece she put on each side, they could be different lengths and it didn't matter.
    Attached Thumbnails dscf1635.jpg   dscf1636.jpg   dscf1637.jpg  
    Old 09-11-2013, 03:44 PM

Jaba, Whew! Thanks so much. You explained it very well and that was what I was having difficulty understanding.
    Old 09-11-2013, 03:51 PM

How about the flying geese with like log cabin square type corners? they could extend past the actual corners and would look great! Kind of like a scrapbook picture corner holder. Dark on the outer/light inner?
    Old 09-11-2013, 03:53 PM

This is my 1st time doing this. Should I have done my 1st border odd? to compensate for the center?
    Old 09-11-2013, 04:06 PM

tlambing yes I asked that when I sent it as I knew I blew it. Memory loss and such I thought I measured things a 100 times and blew it. I wrote that on page 2. NO where I think , key word, did I say divisible by 3. read back I said 12.5, 18.5 or 24.5 as a center. I am pretty sure I said that also on page one or two but correct me again if I am wrong. I blew it personally a loser also on measurements we all mess up but with hopes the next round corrects it and the rest is smooth.. it happens to all of us. me the biggest stick with the guidelines should never run a swap. I have these visual to reality things that happen I see 4.5 and cut 4.25 all the time for no reason. I know its right. cut it then think what did I do.. my mind does not embrace the numbers like it should at time.. like a computer glitch sad but true. I am taking a break off runners and other swaps as I think my hands are full right now. So help me be helpful anytime you can. xox you guys.. I need all the help I can get!!
    Old 09-11-2013, 04:08 PM

You could have Teresa, but I will (I hope). It's not a big deal, all of us can be off, I've certainly done it, forgetting to add for the 1/4" seam. If it's the 3 1/2, 4 1/2 or 6 1/2" it's just easier because the standard sizes will fit. Don't know if I'll get there on this round but I'll try.
    Old 09-11-2013, 04:13 PM

ps jan: a thin line making up the difference is great solution. When its the right size thanks to my error you add your round and its all good again. is that an inch strip? that is marvelous I think the geese are perfect so an inch/ half inch 1.5 inch is all good to make it even again so no more people think omg what to do.. I would appreciate that so much. brat with a frowny face right now. off to make glutinous food with eggs and tomato slices for dinner. needing to be decadent right now or not eat at all. Not sure which neither is good. but oven baked hash browns (dialyzed of course) with cheese and pancetta topped.. with sausage and over easy eggs. breakfast for dinner. lucky us. (food its called food).
    Old 09-11-2013, 04:26 PM

Well just get that frowny face gone right now!!! No need for that. Gees haven't even started dinner maybe we'll just come to your house Don't eat it all...
    Old 09-11-2013, 04:28 PM

Oh and just for your info, you run a swap just fine, takes a lot of work. Thank you sister brat! And you are not quitting doing swaps, that's our sanity.
    Old 09-11-2013, 04:28 PM

So very sorry. My eyes blew right by that. Live and learn. It's beautiful! and I know Jan will make it all better...She's the woman for the job!

Sorry, sorry, sorry, again I say sorry.

Are we all ok again? can I still play?

Hope you have a great dinner Brat.