Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 >
  • Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

• Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Old 10-19-2013, 03:56 AM

oh Jan you know he did it cause he is excited about the HUNT and being around a beast.. oh and cause he loves you guys too

Sandy I am excited to see your new invention! I think we all are learning a lot about borders.. question being would you now use a fancy border on your own quilts? I think I will. they add some pizzaz to the edge especially if you do a simple quilt which I have done.. I did two with charm pieces last year and really liked how they came out but a nice border would have really set them off I think. First to buy one of those books. Jaba has a couple of them I know she likes one a lot more than the other. Has anyone else besides Jan and Sandy have any of them?
    Old 10-19-2013, 01:27 PM

The border I am working on for Jan came out of the book Borders By Design and I am liking it very much. To answer your question Brat, yes I would do a fancy pieced border around some of my quilts now that I know how. Jaba, what is the name of the book about borders that you like? Lucky you and your family to have elk meat for the winter. I always liked it when my DH got game during hunting season. Sure made it easier to feed the family. Pictures soon of Jaba's block.
    Old 10-20-2013, 05:59 AM

borders by design.. is that one you have Jan? I think that one that is less pics you have and just black white drawings on a grid was the better of the two but darned if I can recall which one is which.. good old short term memory.. what short term? fling! out the window it goes! nothing short about it.. more like speedy disappearing memory.. I would win that race.

last night made a nice tray of chicken enchiladas.. wish I had more of the green sauce wonder .. can I add more to it when I reheat it? don't want it dry.. we ate all 1.5 of them out of 12. I think we will be sick of enchiladas unless I can unload them on the neighbors. Think I will ask Troy if they would like some.. (after I get the sauce that is lol).. I used flour tortillas and wonder if they absorb more? I usually use corn because I like the added flavor.... hum... I had Jan's potato ham soup yesterday for breakfast and it was wonderful. I eat a small left over for breakfast every day.. easier than cooking eggs and what not. boring.. at 5:30 am I am not the worlds best cook.
    Old 10-20-2013, 03:13 PM

Sandy the ones I have are "Beyond the Blocks" by Nancy Martin, she shows different borders that can be made and it also has the patterns for the quilts that she used in her examples. "60 Pieced Borders" by Judy Laquidara and "Treasury of Patchwork Borders" by Elizabeth Nyham. Those enchiladas sound fab brat!!
    Old 10-20-2013, 05:31 PM

Thanks for the tips on 'border books, Jaba. I love chicken enchiladas but always make them with flour tortillas. They were my go-to dish for end of season soccer dinners and I always came home with an 'almost licked clean' dish.
    I am sitting here tonight typing with right hand and one finger of left hand. I was using my pruners today to clean out the dead flowers in the flower bed and accidentally snipped fairly deeply into the tip of my middle left finger. Ouch! It bled a lot but I finally got a bandaid on and now it just hurts. Should be better in a week but sure messes up my everyday doing stuff, including quilting. But thankfully, I finished my round on Jaba's block last night, so without further ado, attached is picture. I really like this, especially the pink color that TRF put on. I think it says, "Girly-girly but girls want to have fun, too." So off it goes to Brat tomorrow and I can start thinking of what to do for tlambings. Going to be hard since I don't think I can surpass what TRF did. Love looking at it.
    Hope everyone has a good week.
    Attached Thumbnails 10-20-large.jpg  
    Old 10-20-2013, 07:35 PM

WOW!!! I love that soft lavender Sandy, looks beautiful. Can hardly wait to see it when it comes to Brat. Dang....ouch on the finger, hope it heals quickly for you. With mine it was more of a nuisance than anything else. Sure could feel it when I would accidently hit it though......
    Back to the game, my Bronco's are playing catch up tonight, they gotta' hurry....
    Old 10-21-2013, 06:13 AM

NOW that is PERFECT Sandy!!!! those colors definitely fall in the soft feminine category and well you did a beautiful job on that. High five. oh crud its coming to me.. how to beat what you guys have been doing? can't maybe I can however keep things in line so we will find what a beautiful quilt that this has turned out to be. best go peak in my stash ... Sandy do you need more fabric for my center? I have some of the butterflies which is the darker blue silver and some of the circle if you would like it. I am hoping to get a bunch of that in my quilts, with white of course.

I am so sorry to hear of your finger injury. that does NOT sound fun at all. I hate when I kill one of my fingers you know its like.. we use our hands so much yet take them so much for granted. Until you lose the use of something you really don't think much of it. Happened with my knees. never realized how much they counted lol.. never even thought of them til they started dislocating on me.. ugh no fun. I will wish you healed in no time.. each day .. is a day closer to better

I have to work on a table runner today and hopefully pull out that tractor quilt and fabrics and do an ennie meenie minie moe thing and pic the fabric I will use. That quilter sent about 8 yrds of assorted fabrics. grand but costly when it came to shipping the first round cost the sender to me 12.95 to send.. argh.. that means it is going to cost all of us that. what a crazy thing. I am glad that we are doing it on as as needed basis. phew. ..
    Old 10-21-2013, 07:49 PM

Hi ladies, ole ' one hand typer' here again. I received Brat's gorgeous quilt top today from TRF. Will get a picture taken Wednesday and post it for everyone to see. It is coming out so wonderful. Brat, you will love it and I know what you mean. Hard to follow those gals who do a superb job. I will concentrate on getting Teresa's done first and then will let you know if I need some more of your fabric. Will look in my 'stash' first to see what I have for yours after I get T's sent off to you. If all goes well, I should have if off to you before Thanksgiving. Fingers crossed...well only on one hand right now! Teresa, do you want me to preview ideas for you or just wing it? I will do either. But in the meantime, will take a day off tomorrow for a date with my hubby. Hope you all have a good day, too.
    Old 10-22-2013, 09:54 AM

I'm good either way Sandy. Getting to put my 2 cents in is fun, but so is a surprise
    Old 10-23-2013, 05:14 AM

Teresa you have TWO CENTS and you have been holding out on us this whole time????? now your going to get it. go ahead, put it on the table with the rest of our cash.

I still haven't started that tractor round I have to do .. today is the lucky tractor day I