Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 >
  • Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

• Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Old 10-23-2013, 05:19 AM

THINK OK NOW WHAT IS GOING ON HERE??? the cap lock is NOT on and it was typing all in caps. weird wonderful windows 8. argh pirates! I slept all day yesterday literally, up about 2 hours and not all at once. Guess dialysis kicked my rear. sheesh! well with all that beauty restI should be dancing today. Lucky for you you can't see me another day in paradise, should hit 50's again!! I can do that!

are you all sewing? cooking? dancing? running around like chickens with your heads cut off? (egad my mom used to say that all the time what a gross image!!) and well going on dates? dates? you date still Sandy? grand of you! share the awful details with us we are all wondering.. what does a date feel like? lol. I can't remember myself. My x and I used to go one weekly dates.. his mom took the kids for a night on the weekend every single weekend. How lucky were we.. we would go to concerts, dinners, parties, nites in the wine country.. yeah I think date nites are marvelous. now if DH and I go out.. its like he reads the menu, I read the menu, we don't chat much its like old folks.. weird. at home its relaxed we laugh joke say stupid things (he is like me in this regard) and I prefer those dates. wouldn't mind trying your date night though.. if it wasn't so awkward.
    Old 10-23-2013, 07:05 PM

Hi everyone, I know the suspense has been killing you so guess it is time to show you what Brat's block looks like now after Miriam's magic touch. It is getting really large and more gorgeous with each round. Now it is up to me to continue to next fabulous part. Ta Da!
    I am sure you all go on dates whether or not you know it. Unless DH is doing a little project in the garage or I am at a quilt guild meeting, we spend 24/7 together. Some people say this can't be healthy but has worked for us for over 45 years. So on a shopping trip to the big box store town yesterday, we decided to take in a movie and saw Gravity. Nothing special but just made our day together a little nicer. Or somedays we go out for lunch. nothing special just a plan to do some little thing together. So not earth-shaking but just our thing. I would love to hear what all of you do special with your honey's. Enough of this romantic stuff. Better get pic on here.
    Attached Thumbnails brat-rd4a-large-.jpg  
    Old 10-23-2013, 07:25 PM

OMG that is beautiful! Brat how are you going to be able to give this to your daughter in law? I think you should give it to me and I'll make you another blue and white, she'll never know okay?
    Sandy my hubby and I do the same thing. Sometimes he's in his shop or the garage puttering away on something, I'm downstairs sewing, I go out or he comes in to see what the other one is doing. We'll just take off and go for a drive somewhere or out to dinner, nothing fancy, one of us will usually say "feel like mexican or chinese tonight?" sure let's go. I probably really take him for granted but try not to, he does lots of things for me above and beyond because of my health issues, I'm a very lucky lady and sounds like you are too.
    Old 10-24-2013, 02:28 AM

Our sunday dates usually consist of heading out to Tractor Supply Co. for chicken/dog/cat food. Then we spice it up with a stop at the library and an ice cream cone at the local shop. Yeah, all the stuff that dreams are made of, right? But it works great for us. He is my"kight in rusty armor" (his words, not mine) and definitely a keeper.
    Old 10-24-2013, 04:33 AM

I guess lunches were a big date for us. We cant really do that very often so not really any big dates. He goes fishing on his time off or watches tv. or naps. I .. sew. A big big date is going to dinner with Jan and her hubby. that is the wildness of old age. He did ask me if I wanted to go to Walmart a week ago with him. I needed nothing and he was going.. to get out of the house. OH HECK NO.. lol. He stuck through thick and thin with me with my transplant and is sticking waiting for the next one. I am lucky too.

Now onto beautiful things! that is going to be a very beautiful quilt I absolutely love the blue and white and I know she will too. Thank you so much everyone for the hard work you put into that. I cant wait to get my greedy hands on it again. This round robin is going so FAST I love it. I started a round on another round robin yesterday afternoon. I cut and cut and cut little triangles and squares.. now I wonder if one of those triangles has enough contrast.. guess I make a block or two and stare at it a bit see if it works for me or if I am going to be the happy fabric whacker once more.

Yesterday a friend surprised me with a gift certificate to.. a fabric store in town. OMG what a wonderful surprise. now that I can take any day of the week! going to stop by today and ogle fabric.. ok probably end up spending every single last penny of it.. the temptation is just too great. I will have to think what will be my next great project. think I might get something for another round robin.. just have to think of who I want a quilt for.. can't be me, twin rivers made me one this year so I have mine. its going to be my dialysis blanket um.. this will take some thinking, good thing is I have the morning to do it!
    Old 10-24-2013, 07:47 AM

I think I may have you all beat. My husband and I work together! So, we are together ALL THE TIME Our dates more include times away from from each other for our sanity. In fact I will be going out tonight with a girlfriend for dinner and a movie. Most people thought we were crazy doing the work together thing. And, quite honestly it has it's moments. But, it works for us. We do go out to business lunches on Fridays and, we enjoy doing home improvement stuff together. Just finished this landscaping work in early summer.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]442959[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails img_0356.jpg  
    Old 10-24-2013, 06:54 PM

Oh Teresa, How lovely, There is nothing wrong with working at a living with DH. That is what Marv and I did for all our working years. Folks would ask how we could be together so much. Told them it was easy. I can relate. Thanks for sharing pic of your yard. What are the names of the two trees and bush?
    Old 10-24-2013, 09:20 PM

The tree on the right is a ginkgo. The bush in the middle is a hopseed bush. And the one on the left has slipped my mind, I'll have to ask Jim. It's unbelievable how much that area has grown in, in just a few months. We also have a magnolia tree on the other side of the yard. Thanks for asking
    Old 10-24-2013, 11:27 PM

so far this red and white is my favorite of any quilt I have seen. If you dont like the finished product it can find a loving home here with me.
    Old 10-25-2013, 05:56 AM

I love your yard!! I miss having one its been a few years. Even when I lived in an apartment I had a bunch of flower box's and a lemon tree and it was always blooming on my patio. I have a lawn and a big hedge and trees across the street right now. I am thankful its green not concrete. I do miss growing things.. I would love to get some veggies in next year will have to wait til Jaba says its time. Living here most of her life she would be the 'go to' person for me to figure things out. my big garden I have planted is.. a rosemary bush. yup I have gone hog wild this last month.

I have purchased more fabric for you sandy so I will pop that over to you in short order. I bought a half yard of a coordinating fabric that is very silvery (is that a word?) and dark blue I think it will pull the center back in and well I love the fabric lol.. I received your box Sandy. Unfortunately its the third one I have here so its the last to be worked on. I will finish one this weekend and start on the second one hopefully. I want to kick tail on these and get them moving on. ITs a bit of ARGH your getting behind. Well two showed up in two days so its not like they have been sitting here for long. its the tractor one that needs moving forward. that is a slow round robin nobody is working on things as they are doing other stuff.. so its going to take six months to finish that one. if we are lucky. you guys ROCK .. I would do a round robin again anytime with you XOX