Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 >
  • Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

• Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Old 01-13-2014, 03:23 PM

Miriam, Jan and I spoke about my round.. its wrong. can I change it please? guess one can not be perfect all the time lol (not a problem with me).
    Old 01-13-2014, 05:27 PM

Well, I certainly can't see anything wrong, but feel free to change it if it bothers you, Brat dear. I am hating to see this exchange end. Let's do it again!!!
    Old 01-13-2014, 07:28 PM

maybe just a little adjustment ok? thanks!

another round robin? ok give me four or five months, only three others to complete first
    Old 01-21-2014, 08:34 PM

Hi everyone, Bet you have been wondering what I have been doing. I was just waiting to share Brat's and my tops with my quilt guild today so now I did that and our few little members loved seeing both of them. So that means that TaDa!!! I am now ready to send it off to her. I know you aren't in a hurry for this Miss Linda so will post the picture for you. I think we will all be happy to see them completely finished but mine won't get to be that way until later this year. (Sorry folks) Too much else going on. I do love it though and so glad to finally have a red & white quilt. I do have to confess, even though Brat said I didn't have to. I got the fabric to do the braid border and went merrily on my way, making the braid like I learned in my November '13 class. Sewed it on and I thought it looked super and then it hit me...Oh my gosh! I was SUPPOSED to make a 6.5 inch border and this was definitely not one. Thankfully, sweet Brat said it would be alright since mine was the last round and so I leave it to her to figure out what to put on next. I do think it turned out beautiful though even with my bad last round. So here is the picture and Brat, it will be on its way to you later this week when I go to the P.O. I did learn a lot from this fun RR tho and got to know some wonderful quilters. Keep in touch!
    Attached Thumbnails 1-15-large-.jpg  
    Old 01-22-2014, 05:42 AM

Oh my gosh Sandy - that is fabulous. Brat-you area lucky lady. I love how it turned out.
    Old 01-22-2014, 07:07 AM

That is beautiful! Want to see it in person when Brat gets it back. Awesome job everyone!!
    Old 01-23-2014, 02:49 PM

Finally took a pic of the shelf I bought in Healdsburg. Im going away this weekend and the repaint job is on DH honey do list. Pink is just not my color! It's about 4 1/2 feet wide or so. I have the perfect wall for it
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]458285[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails img_0634.jpg  
    Old 01-23-2014, 04:54 PM

Teresa I love pink! I have vintage pink plates and bowls love them so much. wowsa send it to me just as it is!

Sandy, I am in love with my quilt. thank you and everyone else for your hard work. its stunningly gorgeous. I will have a hard time parting with it! I am thinking maybe one more big round and I will have it quilted. I know that Carolina will just love it. she is such a sweetie its perfect for her. I do want to work with you all again this was so much fun.

I have some news I received today. For those not on facebook I got a call from the porter transplant team. It appears.. I AM ON THE LIST!!! I MADE IT!!! yahoooooo!!! doing such a happy dance I am worn out from the excitement this afternoon. Seriously how grand is that? then I call my daughter she is in tears over this and goes on to tell me its a miracle day for her. A co worker and her hubby knew she is stressing not seeing me and shared some of their yearly tithe they save for things such as this (10 percent of their income) and gave her an airplane ticket to come see me. wowsa. so she was sobbing she was so excited in every way. I feel so blessed. I am one lucky woman. yuppers this is lotto winning in my book. kidneys and KIDS. yahoo twice over.
    Old 01-23-2014, 04:57 PM

Oh Brat, such good news! Bless you and your family.
    Old 01-24-2014, 03:30 AM

Oh, such wonderful news! Where is she coming from? I can only imagine how relieved you are to be on that list finally. Good things do happen to good people, thank you so much for letting us share in your excitedment. We will all be here along for the ride, cheering you and your family on. Woo Hoo!