Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Scrap Quilts for my Boys >
  • Scrap Quilts for my Boys

• Scrap Quilts for my Boys

Old 12-31-2023, 06:44 AM

Great memories for your boys. So thoughtful of you.
    Old 12-31-2023, 10:05 AM

Nice quilts. My favorite is the square in a square.
    Old 12-31-2023, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyblue
    I recently started quilting again after a long period of not quilting. I realized I had ton of scraps and stash from before that needed to be used, so I offered to make my boys each a quilt-as-you-go quilt. They picked a pattern inspiration and fabrics. I did but a couple of quarters of new fabric to reflect their current sports interests, as well as some fabrics to have backgrounds and sashing that were cohesive.

The bright strip quilt is probably my favorite quilt that I’ve made. I love brights with a dark background. The housetops quilt I had much more mixed feelings about. Some of the colors and fabrics were not my favorites. I have quite a few fabrics that were given to me or bought in a big box of thrift store fabrics. But I did use some of those non-favored fabrics up completely out neatly completely. But the quilt green on me as I worked on it, and I actually like the finished product, and my 12 year old loves it. I used up some orphan blocks for some of the back blocks and the center of the housetops squares. I made a few more mini blocks for the centers, the rest are fussy cut.

QAYG meant that I could use many larger cuts and remnants for backing, and the quilts are both reversible.
    Great use of scraps!! Well Done!