• Scrappy Diagonals >
  • Scrappy Diagonals

• Scrappy Diagonals

Old 09-28-2020, 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
    Size: 60 X 72
    Pattern: Dunno... but it was in a magazine
    Fabric: scraps
    I have a stack of tops that need to be quilted and I'm trying to finish them. This top was completed a couple years ago. I had just finished a quilt with a scrappy grey background and had a lot of 4.5" grey squares left over. I saw this pattern in a magazine and it was a perfect fit for my scraps.
    I quilted the all the 4 patches & pinwheels then was stumped as to what to do in the background. I decided to quilt each background section with a different free motion pattern. Got out all my books, checked you tube & pinterest. Some designs were more successful than others, but all in all it was pretty fun. I originally was going to put it in our Christmas family gift exchange, but now I think I will keep it. i don't quilt for the public, but do for friends and family and this will be a good way to select designs.
    I've included a closeup of the front showing the textures and the back showing some of the quilting... I thought I got all those jump stitches!!!!

I love your quilt! Could you tell me the size of the pinwheels parts and squares for the 4 patches? I have massive amounts of greys and would love to try this!
    Old 09-28-2020, 06:32 AM

Very pretty quilt and really like the design of your pattern. It is something I have never seen before. Great quilting
    Old 10-02-2020, 11:21 PM

Soft and elegant.