• Pictures
  • Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301 >
  • Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301

• Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301

Old 02-10-2010, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach
    Originally Posted by sandpat
    Originally Posted by trupeach

Great pressies but..................Could you send me the cow plesssssssssssse?????? I love cows and chickens. This is gross but I love the smell of cows/pastures if they could bottle that smell I would buy it. :shock: :shock: :shock: I guess I am just a country girl at heart. ;) ;) ;)
    Now you've done it......Ummmm...you know the old saying..."Be careful what you wish for".??????
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: What on earth was I thinking?????? 3 weeks without sleep and taking care of Joyce I had a lapes of memory I forgot a person can not say anything personal about themself as it will come back to haunt them. What have I done????????
    Tru, you're just living in the wrong place, or cows are more important to you than you realize. I'm currently reading a book about the brain and here's a quote for you about scent.

"A substance as "naturally" repugnant to us as the urine of cows is used by the Masai tribe in East Africa as a lotion for their hair - a direct consequence of the cow's importance in their culture. Many tastes we think "natural" are acquired through learning."

(The Brain that Changes Itself by Norman Doidge, MD, page 102)
    Old 02-10-2010, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by sewred
    I got a Super Package today from my SQA ! THank you thank you so much. There were 2 bags with Valentine's candy for my girls. My angel wanted to know their names they are Serena age 9 and Summer age 5. They were soo excited thank you for thinking of them . I got a handmade heart wallhanging, a heart coffee cup with several coordinating fq in it, a very cute Valentine's day card with charlie brown and snoopy ( one of my fav. cartoons as a kid!), a Fat Quarter Fun book, wrapped in a lovely green fabric, and Strawberry vanilla gift box with bath stuff in it. You don't know how much this means to me to know there are such Sweet people like my angel out there! I'm gonna post the pic now before I start to cry!
    Just to show you how close the world is, the lady that wrote the book that is your special gift? She was a year or so behind me in school, we grew up together, and she now resides less than half a mile away from my mom - - one VERY industrious, creative woman! LOL <wave>
    Old 02-10-2010, 08:02 PM

Keep posting the pictures....everyday I look here for the surprises.
    Old 02-10-2010, 08:38 PM

So glad to see everyone enjoying their thoughtful SQA gifts. There are some really great angels out there. We are all blessed it seems.

Tru - glad to see you back on here. Sent you a PM, was getting worried about you. And don't worry girl...it's not weird to like cow smells cause I love them too. Brings back great memories of my grandpa's farm when I was little. I always set on the cow's back while he milked one. They were so soft and smelled so good to me. Loved it! I'm a country girl at heart too.
    Old 02-10-2010, 09:24 PM

Gramqlts, thanks so much for the prayers, it sure helps to know people care and say them for you. God Bless
    Old 02-11-2010, 12:42 AM

What a day! There was a note from the post office and I dared to hope, could it be the lost SQA gift? AND IT WAS!

Thank you my little "Laverne" who is the alter ego my SQA signs as her name. What a creative little sneak you are! I have taken a picture and will get it on as soon as my DH comes home. But just HAD to post to let you know it was here.

Pretty Princess Piggy "Priscilla" is watching over me while I sew.

Love Gladgrams
    Old 02-11-2010, 03:17 AM

Happy Valentines Day to all SQA. We are all blessed to get/send such nice gifts to special people. :-D :-D :-D :-D :lol:
    Old 02-11-2010, 03:55 AM

I am sure this is made out of a gourd. I have had a painting class, where we painted them for different occasions. Lots of fun to do.
    Old 02-11-2010, 05:08 AM

Well Ladies I also got a Valentine from my Angel!! And I love the cute little FQ and who doesn't like candy!! I think my favorite was the cute card though ;-) is that silly?? oh well if it is! Thanx my Angel I was so happy when DH handed me my package and no bills! I love it all, Thank you :thumbup:
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-7773.jpe  
    Old 02-11-2010, 05:09 AM

How unique!!