Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Show me your first quilt >
  • Show me your first quilt

• Show me your first quilt

Old 03-30-2009, 04:56 PM

For my great-neice's first birthday-it was a little late so it was for Christmas instead.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-27466.jpe  
    Old 03-30-2009, 05:30 PM

Awww, I hope none of you fine quilters are put aside by comments, etc. Your quilts are all beautiful. Even the ones I haven't seen, I know are beautiful! It's just that the "civilians" don't understand the love and care we put into a quilt. Even if it's a stinker, it will still keep someone warm, wrap them in love, and last for while. Keep quilting and giving everyone. I sure appreciate the beauty of your creations even if I don't get to cuddle with them!
    Old 03-30-2009, 10:32 PM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Sunnyhope - yes, i really mean it! Look at how happy that baby is all wrapped up in her cosy quilt!

K x
    Old 03-31-2009, 05:15 AM

This is my first finished quilt. It was for a weeding last year. My hubby helped me with it, the math part and the lay out. It is my own design and fabric choices. It appraised for over $4500. Talk about shell shock!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-25920.jpe  
    Old 03-31-2009, 09:20 AM

this one is just gorgeous-- the colors and the layout-- fantastic.
    Cheryl
    Old 03-31-2009, 10:26 AM

quilting memaw it is super!!!
    Old 03-31-2009, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
    Sunnyhope - yes, i really mean it! Look at how happy that baby is all wrapped up in her cosy quilt!

K x
    Thanks; it really feels good that a quilter thought my blanket looks nice :oops: :)
    Old 03-31-2009, 10:59 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

OK - here's mine and it's awful! I knew nothing, read nothing, just made it up! I EPPd it and used all sorts of fabrics I shouldn't have done - polyester, nylon, bridal fabric! Nothing is 'true' and the quilting is just dreadful! I bought REALLY thick poly batting because I thought it would be nice and hand quilted it - if you can call it that - using stab stitch!

BUT, I can't help myself - I love it! For sentimental value more than anything. It hangs on the wall facing our bed and I often just study the fabrics in it because individually, they're beautiful! It can't be washed because of all the different fabrics, that's why it's hung on the wall.

K x

PS Sorry the photo's so dark - it's night here and the light in our room is dim but believe me, that's the best way to look at it!

BTW the pink feather boa got hung up there recently - I had it for a fancy dress party!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-27156.jpe  
    Old 03-31-2009, 11:22 AM

There is no way I am posting a picture of my first quilt. It was made from scraps of material from all of the clothes I made for myself in highschool. It was just simple squares machine pieced and handquilted. It may be somewhere in our garage. The last time I saw it my husband was using it to ly on when he changed the oil in the car and truck. I quilted it with double thread and didn't bury any of my knots. I made it in 1967. It was 1980 before I ever actually took anything resembling a quilting class. I still haven't taken to many actual classes. Since I now belong to two guilds I see a lot of demos and trunk shows.
    Most of you have made for your first quilts better ones than I can make or would attempt to make today.
    Old 03-31-2009, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by mpspeedy
    There is no way I am posting a picture of my first quilt. It was made from scraps of material from all of the clothes I made for myself in highschool. It was just simple squares machine pieced and handquilted. It may be somewhere in our garage. The last time I saw it my husband was using it to ly on when he changed the oil in the car and truck. I quilted it with double thread and didn't bury any of my knots. I made it in 1967. It was 1980 before I ever actually took anything resembling a quilting class. I still haven't taken to many actual classes. Since I now belong to two guilds I see a lot of demos and trunk shows.
    Most of you have made for your first quilts better ones than I can make or would attempt to make today.
    Oh come on, i posted mine :oops: