Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Show us your Craft Fair items! >
  • Show us your Craft Fair items!

• Show us your Craft Fair items!

Old 11-15-2009, 06:24 AM

wonderful items I am seeing here. In awe, where do you get the time? we have a craft show coming up this next weekend. I plan to go but I don't plan to spend much at all this holiday season! I think consumers are thinking twice and very carefully these days. I hope all the craftsters do well though, I am sure I will drop some moola there!
    Old 11-15-2009, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
    Terri, maybe that is the clue, you were TOO cheap, and their small minds, don't understand you are offering a genuine bargain, maybe they only associate 'quality' by what they pay for stuff....just a thought!! :wink:
    I don't know. I did have one lady that complained about my baby quilts. She said she wished the girl ones were the same size as the boy ones, THEN she would have bought one. The girl ones were an inch shorter. UGH!!! I could't believe it!! She wouldn't buy it because it was an inch shorter!!! Can you imagine? She was sort of a witchy (being nice) person anyway. She also said my pot holders weren't thick enough. Umm...lady? It's got 4 layers of batting and a layer of the potholder stuff so you dont burn your hands. How thick does she want it?
    I think she was just being that way because she is just an unhappy person. Talking to another lady, she said the same woman came to her table and was just as witchy to her.
    Old 11-15-2009, 07:25 AM

My FDIL and her Mom went to one recently and she said the same thing about the items being sold that had "made in Taiwan" tags on them. They wouldn't buy any of them.

I have a lot of people coming to the craft show Sat. to see my stuff- I hope they will buy things. I tried to price them very reasonable so I don't bring them home.

I do have a few things I will keep for myself if they don't sell. Since I only own 1 table runner I've made, I won't mind having a fall table runner on my bare table. :)

Keep your fingers crossed!
    Old 11-15-2009, 07:50 AM

Barb...I hope you sell out!!
    Old 11-15-2009, 08:39 AM

Hey Butterflywing- I think that if you market anything that is along the theme of keeping kids safer from the H1N1 flu, it would sell like hotcakes.
    Terri-
    My grandson's school had a craft sale to earn money for equipment and I made up a bunch of 'bath tea bags'. Some were for aches and pains due to the 'flu' and another set were for 'stuffy noses'. Drop them in the tub underneath the running water and soak. When you get out of the tub, just throw out the little bag. They were a success. Also had made some buckwheat bags to heat in the microwave and those sold well also. But of course, in your tropical paradise, you probably don't need something to hold on to in order to ward off frostbite :):)
    Old 11-15-2009, 10:56 AM

Adore the "I love my sailor" tablerunner. I have a soldier not a sailor but the sentiment is the same. I'm always saying "I love my veteran."

Good luck, Rose. Hope you and your mom make it to the festival.

Old 11-15-2009, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Cathy M
    Hey Butterflywing- I think that if you market anything that is along the theme of keeping kids safer from the H1N1 flu, it would sell like hotcakes.
    Terri-
    My grandson's school had a craft sale to earn money for equipment and I made up a bunch of 'bath tea bags'. Some were for aches and pains due to the 'flu' and another set were for 'stuffy noses'. Drop them in the tub underneath the running water and soak. When you get out of the tub, just throw out the little bag. They were a success. Also had made some buckwheat bags to heat in the microwave and those sold well also. But of course, in your tropical paradise, you probably don't need something to hold on to in order to ward off frostbite :):)
    thanks cathy, i don't do craft fairs. had my fill years ago. i was offering up the idea in case anyone wanted to try it out.
    Old 11-15-2009, 03:22 PM
    Power Poster

Terri I cannot believe you didn't sell out of mice :shock: They are so cute ! I wish you had done better , but there is no accounting for taste :twisted: Well next year when they are looking for quality items to replace the cheap "made in Taiwan" stuff you will be LLLLOOONNNGGGG gone :thumbup:
    Old 11-15-2009, 03:24 PM
    Power Poster

That is horrible that things didn't sell. Maybe you can find some how to still still sell them.

I hope everyone else that has one coming up does well. My dm has one Wed but this weekend she sold several ornaments. (I hope that she has enough left.
    Old 11-15-2009, 04:55 PM

Just came home from my craft show....Sale went well, but many people are being very careful with there money. I even had the typical 'PITA' that tells me she will 'give me $5 for an item clearly marked $7.50'. I said no thanks, I'll sell it to someone else for the $7.50. Just love those...

Terri, don't worry. It's been a very strange year at the shows all over. Some are normal and other ones are way down. You will do well, once you are back in the states.... :D I'll even hold the booth next to me for you if you come to my neck of the woods....