Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Sneak Peak not finished yet >
  • Sneak Peak not finished yet

• Sneak Peak not finished yet

Old 08-07-2008, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Thanks Melissa, looks like I am forgiven. TUG

Sandpat you mean you havenīt started yet, shame on you. Hoowever I do understand considering this one was shelved 4 times to get other bits started and finished. Never a dull moment when you are a Quilter heh.

Quiltin Aggi you are a little minx someone must have told you I like men with dark eyes and hair.....why do you think I am in Spain tee hee. Now you have not come back to me as the winning bidder and I am beginning to think its a hoax..... pay up.....

Thanks to every one for there lovely comments and yes it is a huge compliment and I am taking a bow and I am blushing :oops:

Elle

Hi Elle

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I didn't get a chance to get online last night as Trevor hogged the laptop all night!!! Thats okay I managed to get very productive in my sewing projects!!! One wedding quilt FINISHED!!! 7 of 15 crazy patch blocks MADE!!, Started slip stitching the binding of a baby quilt!!! I finally crawled in bed last night around midnight!!!
    I had no idea you were a sucker for dark eyed men.. and yes I'm sure there are many of those handsome fellas where you are living too!!!! Lucky girl!!!

Old 08-07-2008, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
    Originally Posted by Riley
    WELLLLL, I NEVER!
    Look at all of you bickering over MY quilt?
    It just naturally comes to me cause I am older than all you little babies out there.

How do you like them rocks tossed your way? Hmmmmmmm?
    (It is a beauty,isn't it?)

Running awayyyyyyyyyy..........

R
    Hey I'm the youngest!! It should go to me!!!!!!! as I'll be around a long time to really enjoy it!!! :) (evil grin)!!!!!!!!! Not to mention I"m the cutest!!! :) Note to self.. I'm about to lose a few friends over that comment.. all in good fun.. all in good fun!!!!

I think ButterflySpain is never going to show us one of her quilts again the way we are all bickering over who should have this quilt!!
    Consider it a HUGE compliment Butterfly!!!!!!!! The quilt is too too cute!
    Yea, you are the baby. You just sit there and keep crying. No one is going to pay you any attention. Plus, babys always get the hand me downs. That's what you'll get. lol
    Cutest? Hm...NOT! Well, maybe....but Cuteness doesn't count unless we are talking about quilts. :)
    Okay so many the cuteness didn't cut it but hey I got the gorgeous dark eyed Turkish friends that she Elle went ga ga for!! :) I'M NOT AFRAID OF YOU TERRI!!! lol
    Old 08-07-2008, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Quiltin Aggi, will you quit talking about those turkish eyes, I know, I know they are beautiful eyes. Okay send me the 1,000,000 Turkish lira and a ticket its yours. Sorry everyone. I am a sucker for dark men with dark eyes. Okay my secret is out.

Sorry Terri, in Hong Kong the eyes donīt quite do it for me. Sorry Riley,
    Sorry Sandpat.

Suppose now I have to make it up to you three. Jeepers I am being held to ransom..... LOL

Elle
    Elle, now why do you want to tease her like that? That's not nice.
    Tell ya what....I can grab a flight from here to the states, then into Rota. Then somehow, I can get over to you. YOU AND I will take a trip to Turkey. We'll check out some men, you know...check our ages because you said....you are only as old as the men's butts you feel. lmao
    Sound good? We could always take Izy along with us too. We might have to do some shopping and will need someone to carry our packages. lmao!!! ;)
    I wanna go too!! I know my way around Istanbul and Ankara!!! We can first go to the Blue Mosque, then go visit the St. Sophia next door to the Blue Mosque, then head over to visit the gorgeous dark eyed Sultan at Topkapi Palace. There is a gorgeous little restaurant in the palace overlooking the Bosphorous and they have the best desserts! Ooh and then we will head over to Otakoy Market for the real deal authentic Turkish Delight (ooh I stuffed myself in that stuff when I was there.. sigh) and Then we can head over to the Covered Bazaar where there are over 3,000 little shops under the old old old old Bazaar for some amazing shopping!! We can buy ourselves a gorgeous hand made Turkish rug, and some beautiful fabrics!!!! Ooh and then find ourselves some handsome dark eyed turks for drinks later at another little club over in Otakoy!!! How bout it girls!!!! Who's with me!!!
    Old 08-07-2008, 03:58 AM

Elle

Elle, she's not going to pay up. You know how those youngest babies are. They whine and whine til they get their way, then POOF! You don't hear anything else from them. lol[/quote]

Yep that Quiltin aggie hoaxed me. Well now it is definately yours. Sorry amiga mia Izy, you didnīt have enough money in the pot.

Now about that flight to Turkey......lmao

Elle[/quote]

I finally decided that I will not buy the quilt. If I did there will be alot of other very upset people here with me and I will lose alot of very wonderful fantastic and crazy friends. Friendship to me is soo much more important. Besides, I think its only right that you keep your quilt girl.. You worked hard on that little darling and you are the one to enjoy it and schooochie down under it. I am happy with just admiring it from a distance.... sigh.... I will keep my Turkish $1,000,000 for our big trip to Istanbul!!!
    Old 08-07-2008, 04:12 AM

Now that we have that settled how about you request the tutorial block of the month for September? You can pick one portion of the quilt the cat, the house, those amazing vines whatever, and teach us. Now wouldn't that make a nice birthday gift for me? :D And everyone can have their own little piece of the quilt, without yours looking like Disney's Cinderalla in rags.

If you don't want the whole group of us yacking your ear off in three threads for a month, you could make a reg. tutorial for us. :D Please? Pretty Please?

Give a man a fish he'll fart all night, teach a man to fish and he'll spend all day out on that darned boat. Teach a woman to sew and she will borrow all your tools, lust after your fabric and want to take your quilts home to test them for softeness and sleepablity! Oh and talk all day about how much she loves quilting!
    Old 08-07-2008, 04:14 AM

Quiltin Aggi, You can come, after all you have the pocket money (remember that 1,000,000 Turkish Lira) you can definately come not that I am money orientated or anything, however, I have one concern when I am over there with you promise not to sell me for a camel. LMAO

Elle
    Old 08-07-2008, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by Elizabeth A.
    Now that we have that settled how about you request the tutorial block of the month for September? You can pick one portion of the quilt the cat, the house, those amazing vines whatever, and teach us. Now wouldn't that make a nice birthday gift for me? :D And everyone can have their own little piece of the quilt, without yours looking like Disney's Cinderalla in rags.

If you don't want the whole group of us yacking your ear off in three threads for a month, you could make a reg. tutorial for us. :D Please? Pretty Please?

Give a man a fish he'll fart all night, teach a man to fish and he'll spend all day out on that darned boat. Teach a woman to sew and she will borrow all your tools, lust after your fabric and want to take your quilts home to test them for softeness and sleepablity! Oh and talk all day about how much she loves quilting!

oooooooooooooh I like the way you think Elizabeth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pleeeeeease please pretty pretty please!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Old 08-07-2008, 04:17 AM

Quiltin Aggi, You can come, after all you have the pocket money (remember that 1,000,000 Turkish Lira) you can definately come not that I am money orientated or anything, however, I have one concern when I am over there with you promise not to sell me for a camel. LMAO

Elle
    I promise!! However a camel ride is a wild experience to have. Just don't get too close to them face on.. they like to spit!! and they STINK!!!!!!

As for the $1,000,000 Turkish Lira... umm to confess, that is really only about $100 CDN!!! but the 1 million sure does sound like a whole lotta money doesn't it!!! It is really cheap over there!! I remember when I went I took $500 spending money with me. I bought alot of stuff and of course different meals and bus tickets along the way... I also bought a bus ticket for a six hour drive from Istanbul to Ankara out of that $500. I came home with about $200!!!
    Old 08-07-2008, 04:18 AM

[quote=Elizabeth A.]Now that we have that settled how about you request the tutorial block of the month for September? You can pick one portion of the quilt the cat, the house, those amazing vines whatever, and teach us. Now wouldn't that make a nice birthday gift for me? :D And everyone can have their own little piece of the quilt, without yours looking like Disney's Cinderalla in rags.

Okay you have it. i will do a TUTE. I am getting myself organised already, so patience please. I will do one on the way I have been taught, the only way I know real good and you will be able to hand or machine applique it. Donīt know about a whole quilt but you will have something to stop you all feeling so intimidated by applique.

Elle

[]
    Old 08-07-2008, 04:21 AM

woooooooo hooooooooooooo!!! Yippeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Now we can allllllll make one of our own and we won't have to fight over yours, even though I turned out to be the winner anyway!!! But have stepped down from the purchase!!

You are too too sweet!!!