Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Some charity quilt recipients >
  • Some charity quilt recipients

• Some charity quilt recipients

Old 12-24-2010, 12:50 PM

You are God's hand and feet working here on earth.
    Old 12-24-2010, 01:14 PM

Location: Cypress, Texas by the way of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

I always say there is no such thing as an ugly quilt and this confirms my statement completely. If everyone was as generous as you we just might have no need for armies and fighting wars anymore. God bless.
    Donna
    Old 12-24-2010, 07:28 PM

reminds one to be grateful for your talents and the ability to give to others, thank you for sharing, a moment to remember during this season
    Old 12-24-2010, 11:23 PM

I really enjoyed looking at those ladies choosing their quilt and applaud your generosity. Keep up the great work and keep the pictures coming.
    Old 12-24-2010, 11:48 PM

Actually you are an inspiration to us. There are many poor and needy here - any warm, handmade quilt would be a luxury and a blessing to have. There's sewing for artistic enjoyment and sewing generous gifts from the heart to those in need should be a balance of what we do. Give to others. Thanks for sharing. We all needed to see what can be done.
    Old 12-26-2010, 11:06 AM

Your heart and soul has touched many . GOD BLESS YOU
    Old 12-26-2010, 05:20 PM

You are amazing with the amount of quilts you put out and give away. God Bless you!
    Old 12-26-2010, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by IndyQuilter
    You are amazing with the amount of quilts you put out and give away. God Bless you!
    This year I think I got 10 from a church's ladies group. :O Previously I had bought 10 quilt tops on Ebay ($50--only 8 of them were usable though) to speed up my ability to finish another 10). This year I was "in the right place at the right time" and was given 100 meters of fabric by a man from Holland. It isn't ideal quilting fabric but I was able to use it for backings. (50 meters of solid green and 50 meters of solid red--more like bottoms-weight than quilting weight, but it worked.)
    Old 12-27-2010, 02:32 PM

GOD bless you , you are an angel ,
    Old 12-27-2010, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by justflyingin
    Originally Posted by Kutnso
    do you have a regular job there in Poland??? It would be nice if you had a "double" here in the states somewhere. There are many very poor and needy Americans also.
    I do teach some English here--but it's not full time. I had to laugh at the "double" comment. I am an identical twin and my sister runs www.thecouponclippers.com and enables my doing the Christmas outreach by raising a lot of money via her customers. :) She helps tons of people, but she's seen the poor here....

The difference between the poor in Poland and the poor in the states. Well, let me just say the really, really poor in Poland are thin. Why? Because they live "hungry". I was in a lady's home yesterday (delivering some diapers to her 3 months old twins) and 7 of them live in 20 square meters. (That's just over 200 square feet.) I'm not sure I know many Americans who live in such conditions. Oh yes--they have no running water and use a bucket for a toilet. She uses an outside hand pump to get the water she needs to do her laundry (she heats her water on the stove first and washes by hand in a plastic tub.) Of course, they have no car and she has to walk 1/2 mile (maybe) to the bus stop--no small feat with two 3-month-olds. By comparison, the average "poor" person in the states is quite rich.
    Actually, I think there is a perception worldwide that people in America are quite rich. However, I personally know more than one family who fits this exact description - right here in TX. I know of an entire subdivision who has no running water or electricity in over 30% of the homes, who still have tarps for roofs, no vehicles, or any dental care (more than one has died of run away infections from rotten teeth!) and only have wood for heat (that they chop in the woods). It's truly sad. They do barely survive. They get their clothing from the church. It's a poor, poor area and it's certainly not the only one in America, I'm sure.

So, those of us who own computers, internet access, etc. are indeed much more wealthy than those who will never sign on here, I agree.

Thank goodness for people like you there, and others like you here. Every country has needs, we just may not see them. It's why I do believe in charitable contributions.

Debbie in Austin