Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Some ideas for what to do with HST's >
  • Some ideas for what to do with HST's

• Some ideas for what to do with HST's

Old 03-10-2010, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by penny doty
    thank you, I really like the twisted ribbon. I just can't afford the ink to print it. Penny
    I can't afford the ink either. Mine's been out for about 3 months. I like the twisted ribbon too.
    Old 03-10-2010, 11:42 PM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Oh no not you again! (you know I'm kidding, right! :lol: )

Those are wonderful, who would have thought you could do so many variations with HSTs - lots of them were unfamiliar to me. And I love your little drawings - so cute. :-D
    Old 03-11-2010, 02:17 AM

Danmar, your drawings really are inspirational. Thank you for taking the time to post these. The 'no name' ones appeal to me due to the total scrappiness look. I also like the Bachelor's Puzzle color 2. You have a lot of patience to draw all those....and so neatly.

Your help is appreciated. Have a great day!
    Old 03-11-2010, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
    Oh no not you again! (you know I'm kidding, right! :lol: )

Those are wonderful, who would have thought you could do so many variations with HSTs - lots of them were unfamiliar to me. And I love your little drawings - so cute. :-D
    Oh no! It can't possibly be time to change my name yet! :lol:
    Glad you like them. I love looking for cool little patterns and then using my colored pencils to make me a copy. I also have about 6 pages of Star blocks done like this if anyone is interested. Thanks k3n!
    Old 03-11-2010, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by ranger
    Danmar, your drawings really are inspirational. Thank you for taking the time to post these. The 'no name' ones appeal to me due to the total scrappiness look. I also like the Bachelor's Puzzle color 2. You have a lot of patience to draw all those....and so neatly.

Your help is appreciated. Have a great day!
    Thank you Ranger! How funny though! Don't look for the 'no name' one on the top row of page 1 anywhere though. I was suppose to be drawing the pattern below it and I messed up and didn't have enough rows, so I just made another version of it! :lol: Thanks, danmar
    Old 03-11-2010, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by danmar
    Ranger started a topic for what to do with her HST's, zyxquilts told me to put these on so everyone could see, so here are some suggestions. My mom was trying to figure out what to do with her scraps and needed some new patterns and ideas. I went to www.quiltblocklibrary.com and found these patterns to show my mom and see if she liked any of them. (She didn't.) I like them and maybe you would too.

It the pictures turn out too small but look like something you might be interested in, go to the website and look up the name to get a better view. Hope this helps. Let us see what you make. I love pictures.

Marilyn
    I found lots of patterns on ask.com and then type in quilting. I started one called Roman Square its on page 2 here is a pic of the first block, made up of 4 squares. Lace

ps. all made from scraps!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4775[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-4775.jpe  
    Old 03-11-2010, 08:14 AM

LOVE that graph paper. I don't know what I do without mine.
    I print pictures of quilts off the internet then sit down with my graph paper, a colored pencils and a small pocket magnifier and draw them out. Then I figure out what size I want my blocks and that way I don't have to waste money on patterns. Unless, of course, it's one that I can't figure out.
    Old 03-11-2010, 08:23 AM
    Power Poster

oh my goodness, all those? great , thanks.
    Old 03-11-2010, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
    LOVE that graph paper. I don't know what I do without mine.
    I print pictures of quilts off the internet then sit down with my graph paper, a colored pencils and a small pocket magnifier and draw them out. Then I figure out what size I want my blocks and that way I don't have to waste money on patterns. Unless, of course, it's one that I can't figure out.
    Oh, me too! I look at the pictures of quilts or blocks and draw them out on my graph paper to make. My mom has been still using just notebook paper, so when she was here last time I gave her 6 sheets of graph paper. She said that she's buying some now. It comes in so handy!!! I love it too!
    Old 03-11-2010, 03:59 PM

I buy the composition notebooks with graph paper in the office supply store. They are slightly smaller than full size notebooks and are easier to carry around but I also have some of the full size graph paper for larger projects. It's a relaxation for me to sit with my pencils and figure out quilt patterns. I did that with a pattern called Sunset that I thought the picture (with their colors) was homely. I drew out the pattern, made mine with different colors and loved it. I'll try to post a pix soon.