Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Some of My Favorite Scrappies! >
  • Some of My Favorite Scrappies!

• Some of My Favorite Scrappies!

Old 07-10-2011, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by pmintpat
    Thank you SO much for posting all of those lovely scrappies. Seeing all of those photos, gives 'new eyes' to scraps.
    Your welcome! You said it just right!!! It sure does give 'new eyes' to scraps and much hope!

;) ;) ;) :D
    Old 07-10-2011, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by ns
    Beautiful scrap quilts. Makes me kind of want to make one, as I never have.
    OMG, once you make one, you won't be able to stop!! :-D I hope you are turned on now to making a fabulous scrappy! Thank you, ns! :-D :-D ;-)
    Old 07-10-2011, 05:38 PM

Thank you for sharing!!!
    Old 07-10-2011, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Grambi
    Your quilts are wonderful. I especially love the stained glass one--it absolutely shimmers as if light is coming through from the back. I am trying to plan a stained glass quilt for my DFIL who is a retired minister and have a question or two about yours. Are the fabrics in the center blocks solids? If so, are the wavey patterns that I'm seeing the result of washing and are just the quilting lines? Thank you for showing us these beautiful quilts!
    Thank you so much, Grambi! Am not sure which quilt you are referring to. Of the 41 quilts I showed, the 5th one from the bottom is the only stained glass one ~~ it's 9 stained glass roses. After these pics, I showed pics of a few of mine. You may be referring to Winding Ways that looks like stained glass. Could this be the one you are asking about?
    Old 07-10-2011, 06:36 PM
    Power Poster

Great quilts.
    Old 07-10-2011, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
    Your quilts are wonderful. I especially love the stained glass one--it absolutely shimmers as if light is coming through from the back. I am trying to plan a stained glass quilt for my DFIL who is a retired minister and have a question or two about yours. Are the fabrics in the center blocks solids? If so, are the wavey patterns that I'm seeing the result of washing and are just the quilting lines? Thank you for showing us these beautiful quilts!
    Thank you so much, Grambi! Am not sure which quilt you are referring to. Of the 41 quilts I showed, the 5th one from the bottom is the only stained glass one ~~ it's 9 stained glass roses. After these pics, I showed pics of a few of mine. You may be referring to Winding Ways that looks like stained glass. Could this be the one you are asking about?
    It is the 4th or 5th one from bottom--the one just above "spoolsblock". Thanks for taking the time to answer me.
    Old 07-10-2011, 06:46 PM

So many unique quilts -- great inspiration!
    Old 07-10-2011, 07:11 PM

Thanks for sharing. They are all beautiful!
    Old 07-10-2011, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
    It is the 4th or 5th one from bottom--the one just above "spoolsblock". Thanks for taking the time to answer me.
    Yes, that one is called Kaleidoscope but very much has the look of a stained glass block because of the background fabrics she used. Examining it up close, the quilt shows 'craters' in the fabric and that was created by the vertical lines of MQ that she did that gives it a 'ripple' effect which was so very well done!! I can barely see the stitches, but that is why the borders look so crinkly so-to-speak. A very effective technique that glamorizes this quilt! The center blocks are solids with specks of color that resembles marbled fabric and some Batiks. For example, the green center left block has bits of black color in the fabric. And, yes, you are so right about it appearing as if light were coming right through! She used just the right amount of light background fabrics for this and placed them in the right positions to give that effect! This is surely a top-notch K block that could be classified as a stained glass. I seriously doubt if this quilt has been washed yet; it's all in the quilting! Sure hope that answers your questions and I sure hope your quilt for your dear FIL turns out exceptionally well! Be sure and let us see pics when you are done! Thanks again!! :-D :-D
    Old 07-10-2011, 07:36 PM

Thanks everyone so much for your wonderful comments! I sure appreciate your taking the time to look at these beautiful creations.

Someone asked me for a pattern for the 7th quilt down which is the gorgeous Batik Circles quilt on squares and I sure would love to provide the patterns and maybe a tute to show you how to do these wonky circles. If there's enough interest, I'll do a tute. If I'm going to make patterns, I would just as well take the time to do a tute. They are fun to do. I have been wanting to do a circles quilt for a few years now but just haven't gotten to it yet. Will keep you posted on my decision. :D :D I've never made one yet, but I'll show you how to do it! haha! lol. :-D :-D