• Some of My Favorite Scrappies! >
  • Some of My Favorite Scrappies!

• Some of My Favorite Scrappies!

Old 07-10-2011, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
    Originally Posted by Grambi
    Your quilts are wonderful. I especially love the stained glass one--it absolutely shimmers as if light is coming through from the back. I am trying to plan a stained glass quilt for my DFIL who is a retired minister and have a question or two about yours. Are the fabrics in the center blocks solids? If so, are the wavey patterns that I'm seeing the result of washing and are just the quilting lines? Thank you for showing us these beautiful quilts!
    Thank you so much, Grambi! Am not sure which quilt you are referring to. Of the 41 quilts I showed, the 5th one from the bottom is the only stained glass one ~~ it's 9 stained glass roses. After these pics, I showed pics of a few of mine. You may be referring to Winding Ways that looks like stained glass. Could this be the one you are asking about?
    It is the 4th or 5th one from bottom--the one just above "spoolsblock". Thanks for taking the time to answer me.
    Yes, that one is called Kaleidoscope but very much has the look of a stained glass block because of the background fabrics she used. Examining it up close, the quilt shows 'craters' in the fabric and that was created by the vertical lines of MQ that she did that gives it a 'ripple' effect which was so very well done!! I can barely see the stitches, but that is why the borders look so crinkly so-to-speak. A very effective technique that glamorizes this quilt! The center blocks are solids with specks of color that resembles marbled fabric and some Batiks. For example, the green center left block has bits of black color in the fabric. And, yes, you are so right about it appearing as if light were coming right through! She used just the right amount of light background fabrics for this and placed them in the right positions to give that effect! This is surely a top-notch K block that could be classified as a stained glass. I seriously doubt if this quilt has been washed yet; it's all in the quilting! Sure hope that answers your questions and I sure hope your quilt for your dear FIL turns out exceptionally well! Be sure and let us see pics when you are done! Thanks again!! :-D :-D
    I just went back and read your initial comments. I totally missed that you didn't make the quilts--that's what I get for watching TV while reading! Thanks again for your time to answer.
    Old 07-10-2011, 07:58 PM

Your quilts are wonderful. I especially love the stained glass one--it absolutely shimmers as if light is coming through from the back. I am trying to plan a stained glass quilt for my DFIL who is a retired minister and have a question or two about yours. Are the fabrics in the center blocks solids? If so, are the wavey patterns that I'm seeing the result of washing and are just the quilting lines? Thank you for showing us these beautiful quilts!
    Thank you so much, Grambi! Am not sure which quilt you are referring to. Of the 41 quilts I showed, the 5th one from the bottom is the only stained glass one ~~ it's 9 stained glass roses. After these pics, I showed pics of a few of mine. You may be referring to Winding Ways that looks like stained glass. Could this be the one you are asking about?
    It is the 4th or 5th one from bottom--the one just above "spoolsblock". Thanks for taking the time to answer me.
    Yes, that one is called Kaleidoscope but very much has the look of a stained glass block because of the background fabrics she used. Examining it up close, the quilt shows 'craters' in the fabric and that was created by the vertical lines of MQ that she did that gives it a 'ripple' effect which was so very well done!! I can barely see the stitches, but that is why the borders look so crinkly so-to-speak. A very effective technique that glamorizes this quilt! The center blocks are solids with specks of color that resembles marbled fabric and some Batiks. For example, the green center left block has bits of black color in the fabric. And, yes, you are so right about it appearing as if light were coming right through! She used just the right amount of light background fabrics for this and placed them in the right positions to give that effect! This is surely a top-notch K block that could be classified as a stained glass. I seriously doubt if this quilt has been washed yet; it's all in the quilting! Sure hope that answers your questions and I sure hope your quilt for your dear FIL turns out exceptionally well! Be sure and let us see pics when you are done! Thanks again!! :-D :-D
    I just went back and read your initial comments. I totally missed that you didn't make the quilts--that's what I get for watching TV while reading! Thanks again for your time to answer.
    Your very welcome, Grambi! Well, you won't believe what I missed!! I looked at the quilt so hard, I missed seeing the leading! It surely is a stained glass quilt for that reason alone! ha. I was in a rush to walk the dogs so was quick in my response. I didn't even see the leading! haha! This would be called a Stained Glass Kaleidoscope! I'm going to have to make one! Guess that's why I surround myself with all these gorgeous pics because I know I can never make all that I want! It sure is nice having the pics ~ the next best thing to owning one!

:D :D ;)
    Old 07-10-2011, 08:04 PM
    RDM

I like your selection. All are beautiful, colorful, and inspirational. Thanks for the show.
    Old 07-10-2011, 08:31 PM

Do you have time to sleep?

Love them all.

Scrappies are my favorites.
    Old 07-10-2011, 08:34 PM

Thank you for sharing! Real eye candy.
    Old 07-11-2011, 02:44 AM

Great quilts but I can only see the first 10 quilts the rest have red Xs in the boxes. Does anyone know how to get to the pics? This happens alot, but I have slow dial-up so maybe that's the problem. Thanks
    Old 07-11-2011, 03:09 AM

thanks for sharing... I copied a few!
    Old 07-11-2011, 03:53 AM
    Power Poster

Thanks for the inspiration!
    Old 07-11-2011, 03:55 AM

all your quilts are absolutely beautiful, thanks for sharing
    Old 07-11-2011, 04:20 AM

Your collection of work is over the top! Love it and saving it to bookmark so I can look again and again!