Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Sometimes you wonder...now you don't have to! >
  • Sometimes you wonder...now you don't have to!

• Sometimes you wonder...now you don't have to!

Old 10-25-2013, 07:29 AM

that is a wonderful quilt the story is so beautiful Thank u .. it made me cry as well as warmed my heart
    Old 10-25-2013, 08:04 AM

our Guild donates quilts to anyone that has had a house fire,flood or tornado damage--I have a friend that lost her entire house and everything in it--now 4 years later that donated quilt still hangs in a place of honor and she tears up telling about how she received it!
    Old 10-25-2013, 09:00 AM

You are an inspiration for us all. Thank you for sharing your journey and the lives you are helping.
    Old 10-25-2013, 09:10 AM

thankyou for all you do to help others and you are an inspiration to us all. the recipants expression says more than just thankyou. Jan
    Old 10-25-2013, 09:21 AM

beautiful quilt and wonderful heartwarming story. thanks for sharing and caring.
    Old 10-25-2013, 10:13 AM

I am like you, when I give something to the needy I want to know how it is distributed. It is such a good deed and makes you feel good.
    I have sewed for Head Start for several years, making several dresses, shorts, tops, pants, hats, quilts and etc. My sister and I took a big bunch of sewed items the other day and asked to talk to someone as we were interested in knowing how our donations were being distributed. The girl on the desk hesitated then said, "we are not taking donations any longer, we quit in April." I said, we brought a big bunch of items in May, what was done with them." She told us they gave them to the teachers to distribute as they wanted. We had filled out the donation forms before that and had left our donations with her anyway. We got back in the car and at the same time we though, who are we going to sew for now. We thought of the Women's Shelter, through the YWCA. We went there and they were desperate for items, so we called back to Head Start and told them to get our donated items together and we would pick them up, that the Women's Shelter was desperate for things for the shelter. We went back and picked up our donations and took them to the YWCA and they were so appreciative. They told us that women leave in the middle of the night and have nothing but what they are wearing. We are going to continue to sew for the Women's Shelter.
    Old 10-25-2013, 10:42 AM
    Power Poster

She definitely looks very happy with her quilt - it was a kind and generous thing to do. I too love giving things to people who can appreciate them and makes them happy. You're right, I feel it is much better to give than receive, as it gives me great joy to do so, and the joy on their faces is all the payment I need.
    Old 10-25-2013, 12:13 PM

Justflyingin,
    Your quilts have blessed so many people. Thank you for telling us your story. Its amazing when all the scraps come together to make something beautiful.
    I also make charity quilts, but I never get to see who the recipients are. I often find it hard to give away a quilt, but then I remember how much joy they bring to who receives them. Here's a picture of the last quilt I gave away.
    Sharon.
    Attached Thumbnails log-cabin-soldier-003.jpg  
    Old 10-25-2013, 02:15 PM

I just found this group and your post was the first that I read. I'm so glad to have joined. The quilt was lovely and so are you!
    Old 10-25-2013, 02:24 PM

Great story! Glad you found the right person for the quilt. She looks very happy!