Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Sorry , it's not quilting........ >
  • Sorry , it's not quilting........

• Sorry , it's not quilting........

Old 08-14-2008, 05:34 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by ButtercreamCakeArtist
    Thanks for sharing those pictures. The baby is SO CUTE! It kinda makes me sad (because mine aren't really babies anymore). Very nice work on the set!!
    You do very nice work on all your crafty items! I haven't cross stitched for a LONG time. I've only done small things, and most of those were when I was like 12. I did a really small one a couple years ago.

I get into a lot of different types of crafty things, too. If I get "quilters' block" or "sewers' block", I just go onto something else. Right now I have no interest in cakes. I don't now what the deal with that is...maybe it could be that my kitchen is a MESS! After I get that cleaned up and set to rights, why would I want to get icing all over? LOL! I'm very messy when I decorate cakes. Fabric cleans up so much easier! I really do love to decorate cakes. It takes a lot of time, and it is harder to stop and go several times (which is a must with my two ornery kids) with that than it is with fabric.

Do you decorate cakes, too? What other crafties do you do? That would make a good topic...find out what other things our quilter friends do. I think I'll post it. :D
    Me decorate a cake? Now theres a good laugh. I can't make a decent cake to save my life so if I need a cake, I go to Albertsons.. I cross stitch, crochet, hand embroider, and somewhere in there I read.. And of course I sew
    Here's a link to some of my crafts and other stuff
    http://community.webshots.com/user/bejae43
    Old 08-14-2008, 05:53 AM

Okay everyone--you HAVE to cllick on this link and look at this pillow that Bev crocheted. It is on her link to pictures of her crafts. I have never seen anything like this and am still laughing!! Bev--you are just TOO funny!!! :lol: :wink: :lol:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...56568968bDnuew
    Old 08-14-2008, 06:17 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Marcia
    Okay everyone--you HAVE to cllick on this link and look at this pillow that Bev crocheted. It is on her link to pictures of her crafts. I have never seen anything like this and am still laughing!! Bev--you are just TOO funny!!! :lol: :wink: :lol:

It was a gag gift for hubby for his bday
    Old 08-14-2008, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Bevanger

It was a gag gift for hubby for his bday
    LOL--I am still laughing about it!!!!!
    Old 08-14-2008, 12:52 PM
    Power Poster

It's okay that it is not quilting. These things are related and all of them take talent. You did a beautiful job!

Anne
    Old 08-14-2008, 06:20 PM
    Power Poster

Don't know what I was expecting to see when I clicked on the link...but that pillow wasn't it :shock: :D :D :D

You're very talented Bev
    Old 08-14-2008, 06:46 PM

Thanks for sharing those pictures. The baby is SO CUTE! It kinda makes me sad (because mine aren't really babies anymore). Very nice work on the set!!
    You do very nice work on all your crafty items! I haven't cross stitched for a LONG time. I've only done small things, and most of those were when I was like 12. I did a really small one a couple years ago.

I get into a lot of different types of crafty things, too. If I get "quilters' block" or "sewers' block", I just go onto something else. Right now I have no interest in cakes. I don't now what the deal with that is...maybe it could be that my kitchen is a MESS! After I get that cleaned up and set to rights, why would I want to get icing all over? LOL! I'm very messy when I decorate cakes. Fabric cleans up so much easier! I really do love to decorate cakes. It takes a lot of time, and it is harder to stop and go several times (which is a must with my two ornery kids) with that than it is with fabric.

Do you decorate cakes, too? What other crafties do you do? That would make a good topic...find out what other things our quilter friends do. I think I'll post it. :D
    Me decorate a cake? Now theres a good laugh. I can't make a decent cake to save my life so if I need a cake, I go to Albertsons.. I cross stitch, crochet, hand embroider, and somewhere in there I read.. And of course I sew
    OH, I definately READ!! I have to read.....or I would no longer make it in this world.
    I made a cake that looks like your pillow for hubby. THe cake was for a bachelor/bachelorette party...and I also made the famous "male part" cake to go with it. I thought the male one was great! It's one of my favorites I've ever done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'll check out your link above.
    Old 08-15-2008, 04:10 AM
    Banned

OH, I definately READ!! I have to read.....or I would no longer make it in this world.
    I made a cake that looks like your pillow for hubby. THe cake was for a bachelor/bachelorette party...and I also made the famous "male part" cake to go with it. I thought the male one was great! It's one of my favorites I've ever done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'll check out your link above.
    Oh my heavens. I woulda loved to have seen your cakes. I also have a crochet pattern for a "willie warmer" Oh dear :oops: :oops: :oops:
    Old 08-15-2008, 06:38 AM

I also have a crochet pattern for a "willie warmer" Oh dear :oops: :oops: :oops:
    Oh Bev-You are TOO funny!! I showed my husband the pillow last night and he said "Now that's what I call a pillow!!" Later he was watching the Olympics and just chuckled. When I asked him what he was laughing about he told me he was still thinking about that pillow!! :lol:
    Old 08-16-2008, 04:22 AM
    Banned

I also have a crochet pattern for a "willie warmer" Oh dear :oops: :oops: :oops:
    Oh Bev-You are TOO funny!! I showed my husband the pillow last night and he said "Now that's what I call a pillow!!" Later he was watching the Olympics and just chuckled. When I asked him what he was laughing about he told me he was still thinking about that pillow!! :lol:
    Do you crochet????