Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Starting Flannel Quilt for hubby.. & some extra fun pics QUESTION ADDED..PICS ADDED PG 3 >
  • Starting Flannel Quilt for hubby.. & some extra fun pics QUESTION ADDED..PICS ADDED PG 3

• Starting Flannel Quilt for hubby.. & some extra fun pics QUESTION ADDED..PICS ADDED PG 3

Old 11-06-2008, 05:14 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Marcia
    Bev-I am loving your quilt so far. Great fabric matches. Have you thought about maybe sashing around each 4 patch block? That would isolate each 4 patch and show it off better. Just a thought.
    thats a good idea.... i only sewed 2 together, so i think i'll rip out and do that.... It'll make it go faster too and bigger. not sure i have fabric for whole quilt tho UNLESS :?: :?: :?: maybe i can do a scrappy sashing. each block different...????? would that look dumb?
    Old 11-06-2008, 05:19 AM
    Power Poster

Its still lookin' good Bev. I think since the quilt is going scrappy..you can certainly sew something scrappy around each 4 patch. When I'm going for scrappy...my goal is to use as many fabrics as I possibly can in the thing :lol: ...so....whatcha' waitin' for??
    Old 11-06-2008, 05:39 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by sandpat
    Its still lookin' good Bev. I think since the quilt is going scrappy..you can certainly sew something scrappy around each 4 patch. When I'm going for scrappy...my goal is to use as many fabrics as I possibly can in the thing :lol: ...so....whatcha' waitin' for??
    My brain to catch up with my hands LOL
    Old 11-06-2008, 05:41 AM

Oh come on Bev, what you want your brain to catch up with your hands for? You are doing a fantastic job!
    I think you should add some of that "lips" fabric in his quilt. lol
    Old 11-06-2008, 06:03 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Oh come on Bev, what you want your brain to catch up with your hands for? You are doing a fantastic job!
    I think you should add some of that "lips" fabric in his quilt. lol
    Most defintly will be. I have it cut up and ready to go.... Sometimes I'd be sewing and stop and think OK now what do I do :roll: Brain freeze.... :lol:
    Old 11-06-2008, 07:31 AM

i love the coke material!! gotta get me some. i think it is funny that people think they don't have the guts to machine quilt but i couldn't hand quilt to save my life!! hee hee. that is why there are so many people with different talents. throw us together and things get done :)
    Old 11-06-2008, 07:35 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by kaelismom80
    i love the coke material!! gotta get me some.
    Isn't it awesome? Too bad they didn't make Diet Dr Pepper lol I've never sewn with flannel before. Its fun...... :D
    Old 11-06-2008, 07:37 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by kaelismom80
    i love the coke material!! gotta get me some. i think it is funny that people think they don't have the guts to machine quilt but i couldn't hand quilt to save my life!! hee hee. that is why there are so many people with different talents. throw us together and things get done :)
    I agree. I have a friend who does machine embroider.... Now me. I'd rather do hand........
    Old 11-06-2008, 07:33 PM

Oh you girls are having to much fun.....love that scrappy look....that in the sashing will be great....just have fun Bev and I know you are.....;-)
    Old 11-06-2008, 07:50 PM

See Bev, that is turning out so pretty :D What were you worried about :?: The idea about the strips around each 4 patch sounds like it would really set the squares apart nicely. And scrappy borders sound great too. Your hubby is going to be so happy with this quilt. Does he know?