• Pictures
  • Stretched BrotherPQ1500S >
  • Stretched BrotherPQ1500S

• Stretched BrotherPQ1500S

Old 06-22-2012, 08:45 PM
    Power Poster

Well who knew this good be done...
    Old 06-22-2012, 11:50 PM

I am amazed! Never thought you could do this!
    Old 06-23-2012, 12:21 AM

WOW is right! This is something to keep in mind for the future! Great idea, so glad you shared your experience with us. The link to your your modifications is very helpful as well.
    Old 06-23-2012, 02:25 AM

I am so bookmarking this thread. I would absolutely love to do this with mine!!!!! Where do I get the info to contact the person who did yours?
    Old 06-23-2012, 04:23 AM

great job LOL
    Old 06-23-2012, 05:00 AM

that is so interesting...I have a juki on a grace frame and really only get about 5" of space...I'll have to go into their web site and check....
    Old 06-23-2012, 05:00 AM
    Power Poster

i see that you use an iron keeper to keep your cords out of the way... what a wonderful idea!!! i've been having this issue on my frame and jerry-rigged a similar device with a string and stick... didn't work very well. i'll have to search for the iron keeper.

are your handles the same ones you used before the stretching? you mentioned on your blog about a homemade dead bar and the handles issue. what is a dead bar? is there a way to just tilt the handles more.... i'm just not understanding this issue. could you clarify it a little more, please. TIA
    Old 06-23-2012, 05:10 AM

Cooooool! :d
    Old 06-23-2012, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    i see that you use an iron keeper to keep your cords out of the way... what a wonderful idea!!! i've been having this issue on my frame and jerry-rigged a similar device with a string and stick... didn't work very well. i'll have to search for the iron keeper.

are your handles the same ones you used before the stretching? you mentioned on your blog about a homemade dead bar and the handles issue. what is a dead bar? is there a way to just tilt the handles more.... i'm just not understanding this issue. could you clarify it a little more, please. TIA
    The one thing I hated about frame quilting was moving the take-up bar up as I was quilting. What a pain! The Dead Bar eliminates the constant height adjustment of the take-up bar. Basically....the bar closest to the bed of the machine is stationary and the one above advances the quilt.

Instead of using only one bar on the frame (take-up bar), you now use two under the throat of the machine. The “Dead Bar” doesn’t move up or down, its stationary. The take-up bar is moved several inches above the Dead Bar. The quilt standwich runs under the dead bar and gets attached to the take-up bar. The take-up bar will advance the quilt, but there is no longer a height adjustment. The height of the dead bar shouldn’t be that high off the bed of the machine. Once it’s adjusted to your “just right” height, you never have to move the take-up bar up and down again!!!

I haven't done any changes to the handles...............yet :-) I need to think of a way to extend the handles forward a bit...

Last edited by Luv2sew4fun; 06-23-2012 at 05:34 AM.
    Old 06-23-2012, 06:13 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Luv2sew4fun
    Instead of using only one bar on the frame (take-up bar), you now use two under the throat of the machine. The “Dead Bar” doesn’t move up or down, its stationary. The take-up bar is moved several inches above the Dead Bar. The quilt standwich runs under the dead bar and gets attached to the take-up bar. The take-up bar will advance the quilt, but there is no longer a height adjustment. The height of the dead bar shouldn’t be that high off the bed of the machine. Once it’s adjusted to your “just right” height, you never have to move the take-up bar up and down again!!! .
    Thanks so much for that wonderful explanation! And you are so right about hating to move the takeup bar up and down... a royal pia. I never seem to get that right, anyway. I'm going to have to take a look at my Hinterberg Stretch frame to see if I can do the same