Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Stunning Quilts >
  • Stunning Quilts

• Stunning Quilts

Old 11-22-2018, 01:08 PM

Wow ............ I just saw this thread today, so many gorgeous and wonderful quilts. Here's my addition ...... it's my daughter and son-in-law's wedding quilt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]604304[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails rachel-nates-wedding-quilt.jpg  
    Old 11-22-2018, 03:15 PM

All of these are amazing and strike me as so difficult to grasp the planning and organization. It would be so easy to piece it wrong or to just fall short of the goal. All of these made it in spades. Great show of artistic and creative work!!!
    Old 11-22-2018, 07:42 PM

Default Spiral Star

[ATTACH=CONFIG]604323[/ATTACH]It was a challenge, but I'm glad I stayed with the project. The quilt was designed by Mike Ellingsen of Blue Earth, Minnesota. It is not paper pieced.
    Attached Thumbnails p2090281.jpg  
    Old 11-22-2018, 08:00 PM

OH my goodness!! The quilts shared in this thread are breathtaking. I am hard pressed to pick a favorite because each one has something special....Truly amazing work and inspirational.... I am in awe of the talent shared. Simply amazing...
    Old 11-23-2018, 12:12 AM
    Power Poster

This is one of my favorite quilts. I love the simplicity of a 9P. I am so drawn to small pieces and the potential they have. These are made from 1" strips and squares that are trimmings. No yardage comes to harm when making these 9P. They are random lights and darks with darks in the center and corners. It uses lots of 1" pieces...5,832 to be exact. It measures 91" x 106".

This picture was taken in Sept of 2013...I keep sets of ten in a pickle jar, keeping track of the # of sets on a post it note inside the bottom of the lid. In early 2015, I counted up and had over 700 9P's I decided to do something with them. My inspiration was this antique quilt. I think I had enough to do this for our queen bed and drew up the pattern in EQ.

By March of 2015, I had the flimsy finished...I did have it LA quilted and put the binding on it in July of 2016.
    Old 11-23-2018, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by railroad
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]604323[/ATTACH]It was a challenge, but I'm glad I stayed with the project. The quilt was designed by Mike Ellingsen of Blue Earth, Minnesota. It is not paper pieced.
    WOW. Nothing else to say.
    Old 11-23-2018, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by mhansen6
    This is my most difficult and rewarding quilt. The cutting alone took 4 days. The piecing took about a month's work. The pattern is called Eldon and it is all Y seams. It was started as a project at a quilt retreat. I don't think I would have ever picked it up on my own, but I just love it. I have used the star block many time since. It makes a beautiful table topper.
    I love log cabins and this one is great, I have never seen this pattern.
    Old 11-23-2018, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
    This is one of my favorite quilts. I love the simplicity of a 9P. I am so drawn to small pieces and the potential they have. These are made from 1" strips and squares that are trimmings. No yardage comes to harm when making these 9P. They are random lights and darks with darks in the center and corners. It uses lots of 1" pieces...5,832 to be exact. It measures 91" x 106".

This picture was taken in Sept of 2013...I keep sets of ten in a pickle jar, keeping track of the # of sets on a post it note inside the bottom of the lid. In early 2015, I counted up and had over 700 9P's I decided to do something with them. My inspiration was this antique quilt. I think I had enough to do this for our queen bed and drew up the pattern in EQ.

By March of 2015, I had the flimsy finished...I did have it LA quilted and put the binding on it in July of 2016.
    oksewglad, thank you for sharing this process. You makes it sound so manageable. I simply love your "simple" 9 patch. There's just something about simple patchwork that calls to me.

Thanks for adding more to the thread ladies. Your additions are just amazing. I can see all the hard work you put into your masterpieces. And, your stories are just inspiring.
    Old 11-23-2018, 10:51 AM

Log cabins are my favs! Never made one but all I see are stunning! Love yours and fabric selections! Def a stunner!
    Old 11-23-2018, 10:52 AM

Another stunning log cabin!