Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • SWAP PICTURES of May DOTEE DOLLS >
  • SWAP PICTURES of May DOTEE DOLLS

• SWAP PICTURES of May DOTEE DOLLS

Old 04-29-2009, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by PamH
    Guami, is adorable!!! :D :!:

Terri you have a great way with telling a story, I was cracking up as I was reading it. :lol: :lol:

BTW---
    I know your babies are cute, they were made out of love!!!!!
    And pretty fabric! :) lol
    Old 04-29-2009, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
    love all the dolls.

Here is what I got today.She is so cute, haven't named her yet, She is blue, which is my favorite color and she has a fob for a tail that I definately need on my small scissors, always loosing them. Also look at my beautiful heart, may find a place on Christmas tree this year!

Thank you Linda, I love her and my card, it is so cute!

Ninnie
    Ninnie/Linda, your doll is so cute! I really love those big eyes.
    Old 04-29-2009, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by Darlene
    [IMG]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...y/000_0242.jpg[/IMG]
    This is my doll I think from Buttercream Cake artist aka Miranda
    She is a little cow right down to the udder. LOL Also sent a pretty piece of fabric and a spool of blue thread'Thanks so much Darlene

PS There was no card but I saw the return address.
    Yes, there she is! Darlene, I owe you an apology. I forgot your note! I'm very sorry. I meant to put one in, but I had to chase Guami Lin-Su outta my stash and back into her box, so I lost my concentration. Your cow's name is BELLA NOVINA. She's a down-home farm girl. She likes to churn butter and buttermilk, feed the chickens, bake cobblers, make homemade soap, and quilt. Her favorite TV show is "The Beverly Hillbillies" (followed by "The Dukes of Hazzard"), and Ellie Mae is her idol. She has the accent, too. She's pretty well-mannered and handy to have around the house. She keeps everyone in line.

This gal cow is UDDERLY amazing. You should see under the skirt! I wasn't going to put a skirt on her, but my husband said I HAD to! :oops: I can't help it. I get "creative". lol
    Old 04-29-2009, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Everyones dolls are so cute! They make mine look like rag-a-muffins. Mine aren't 1/2 as cute as what is shown. Mine went out today, so Barbsbus and Leona...keep a lookout for them. I didn't name them, so you can give them names AND I forget to get their pictures. :( :(

Anyway....I go to my mailbox today and heard a noise. Lizard stuck in there? So, carefully, I open my mailbox. There's a package! WOOHOO! It's MOVING! OMG!! I take out the letters and carefully remove the package. I hear noise coming from it. Do I DARE bring it in the house? Hmmmm.....then I notice it's from Miranda (Buttercreamcakeartist). She's miniaturized her kids and put them in a box and sent them to me! OMG! NO WAY!! ARGH!!!! I thought of throwing the box down and running REALLY fast, but decided not to. I'm brave. Yup, I are! Well....sometimes. Gotta be brave and bring the package in the house. So, in the house I go. I make sure I have the cats around me while I open it just in case something jumps out, that way, Big Boy can pounce it and hold it down. :)
    Well, I open the box and OUT jumps Guami Lin-Su. She announced herself as she bounded out of the box carrying a pretty fat quarter and spool of thread. She informed me that she WILL BE sleeping in amongst my stash to which I told her she would have to behave herself or she would be fed to the cats lol She calmed down when I told her that. She looked at Big Boy and said...I PROMISE to be good! :)
    She'll be making friends with Ruths dolls. They have perfect manners and teach all the other dolls manners. So, I think a few days with them, Guami will be a good girl.

So, without further ado.......
    Maybe I could've put a kitten or two in that box?!?! ;) Is Guami getting settled in? I hope she hasn't gotten too much of your trim in a tangle. She was very excited to come to Guam, but she said those lizards had better get out of the stash because she was moving in! Attitude! Bella Novina (the cow) wrestled her around some before they left. I don't know if it taught her anything or not, but I'd say Bella will give her another round if she ever sees her again. See, Guami was off in the stash messing around when I was trying to package them up. I had to go hunt Guami down, and I forgot to put Bella's note in her package for Darlene.

Glad you like her, Terri!
    Old 04-29-2009, 05:23 AM

Oh, she's starting to settle down. She was jumping on the couch, but stopped when Big Boy came around. I think she's scared of him...rightly so! :)
    She will be sitting next to one of Ruth's dolls for some Manners Training and I'm sure in a couple of days she'll be the good girl she is supposed to be. :) :)
    Old 04-29-2009, 07:12 AM

I will be mailing my little Dotees today. All of the dolls posted are just toooo cute. It is so much fun to see what everyone has made and so much creativity!
    Old 04-29-2009, 10:52 AM

It's okay about the note I forgot to mention she has lovely earrings too. And the bluest eyes I have ever seen. She is a sweetie.
    Darlene
    Old 04-29-2009, 01:43 PM

Darlene and Ruth - I haven't forgotten about you...I'm running behind schedule and should have your Dotee dolls in the mail tomorrow. Please forgive me. I started a new job and was in training all last week. Please say you'll forgive me!!! They'll be extra special, since you had to wait!!! Love ya...and this time I mean it!! giggle
    Old 04-29-2009, 01:46 PM

Nothing to forgive it's not May yet, your doing fine...good luck with the new job...hope you like it :D
    Old 04-29-2009, 01:49 PM

Don't worry sweetie I will be happy to see it and I know it will be pretty. Congrats on the new job too.
    Darlene