Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Thanks for the inspiration Barnbum & Katherine!! >
  • Thanks for the inspiration Barnbum & Katherine!!

• Thanks for the inspiration Barnbum & Katherine!!

Old 04-13-2008, 04:31 PM

ebay is wonderful and scary all at the same time!!! In fact looking back at the seller's items I was thinking maybe I should pick up some more of these Amish panels and make a bigger wall hanging or full quilt using the same technique :P

Barnbum It wasn't hard at all - I just trimmed the panel so I had an even 1/4 inch on all 4 sides then cut it into 4 even pieces (it would have looked too busy with more than 4 "panes" and that would have also meant more math than my 9 month pregnant brain can handle :lol: ) I cut the black and sewed it on (I think 3/4") to make the panes and larger pieces for the window border.

Also when I first trimmed up the black fabric I cut a 1/4 strip to use and play with to see how the panes would look.

and I ADMIT this to you all - I really just get way too frustrated with measuring out borders only to have them be too short in the end so I cut them long, sew and trim (gasp!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: ) this probably leads to my borders being less than perfect but I can live with this!
    Old 04-13-2008, 06:39 PM

ilena, I love your laundry wall hanging...it will be so cute hanging on your wall when finished. Good luck with the new baby....I have two relatives waiting (impatiently) for their first babies and one is confined to bed rest..yuck!!! Enjoy your time now, and cherish your time with baby when it arrives....let us know the details when baby makes its appearance.
    Old 04-14-2008, 04:38 AM

Ilena...I just bid on 4 of the Amish panels. I lke the barn one

I was in Joanns yesterday about 1 pm........i bought some fabric from their clearance and some thread since it was halfprice.

I will have to get some new pictures and add them.......but i like the old lady.......she could be my mom. I don't have a sister so thats what I call the dog :D :wink: :roll: :roll: lol

Old 04-14-2008, 04:50 AM

Ruth - Looking forward to seeing what you do with the panels, they really are cute! I was in the store around 10 am, we'll meet up one of these days!

I am going to try a little raking today. Maybe that will get the little guy moving! I really can't complain because I do feel so well. If nothing happens today, my Dr's apt is tomorrow and we will leave Erin my 2 1/2 year old with the sitter in case he tells us to just head over to the hospital for an inducement.

Thanks for all the well wishes and I will keep you all posted!