Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Tricky trans continent travels >
  • Tricky trans continent travels

• Tricky trans continent travels

Old 07-17-2008, 05:39 AM

beautiful, wish we could join you, but we ell settle for the photos, they ae so clear they don't photos looks like the real thing
    Old 07-17-2008, 07:02 AM

Think I could raft the waterfall? Beautiful pictures.
    Old 07-17-2008, 07:14 AM

Keep posting those pictures!!! I RECOGNIZE those places and stood in about the same place for the waterfall picture. Your photos take me back 8)
    By the way, that restaurant in Quebec City has the best coffee I've ever had. I've been there only twice, years apart, and the coffee was memorable both times.
    Waiting eagerly for your east coast pics.
    Old 07-17-2008, 09:44 AM

Tricky!!! I hope we can meet up while you are in Newfoundland! Are you coming to St. John's??? For how long? I think I will be in Terra Nova National Park at that time, but I will have my cell phone on me! We will be camping in that park from July 25th - 27th, then back to St. John's!!! Hey maybe you might be in the park while we are there!! we will be staying in Milady Head campground. That is the first campground once you get in the National Park heading east. Our campsite will be either under the name Clancey or Best!!! Come find us if you are camping in the park!!!! If we are not around, leave us your campsite number and I'll come look for you!

CALL ME!!!!!!! I PM'ed you my cell phone number!!

PEI is beautiful and Nova Scotia is gorgeous!! I highly recommend going along the South Shore of NS and visit Mahone Bay and Lunenburg. I used to live in Bridgewater and spent alot of time along the South Shore. Also I'm sure you will be heading to Halifax. The walk along the harbour front boardwalk is beautiful and don't forget to have a Cows homemade ice cream!!! go to Suttles and Seawinds in Mahone Bay and you will see some beautiful quilts and they also sell beautiful fabrics. That place is a HUGE pink old Victorian style home. The quilts and fabrics are in the pink barn next door.

Also check out "Quilt By the Sea" down in Lunenburg. Vicki and Mike Tomozer are old friends of mine. They have a beautiful little Cape Cod home and they have a consignment store in their home selling beautiful quilts and other handmade things. I used to sell my things there. I had my very first quilt sale from there. Tell them Andrea Clancey said HI!!!!

Call me girl!!! I can show you some beautiful fabric shops around here and there are some fantastic places we can show you in the St. John's area. Trevor and I could be your personal tour guides!!! How about a nice picnic at the Ferryland Lighthouse where you can watch whales breaching and enjoy the fresh salt sea air????

Cheers!
    Old 07-17-2008, 09:45 AM

the Chateau Frontenac is absolutely gorgeous!! I went exploring through it back in 1998!!! Old Quebec City is beautiful!