Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Turning 20~ DD turned 30! >
  • Turning 20~ DD turned 30!

• Turning 20~ DD turned 30!

Old 03-22-2009, 08:05 AM

I like it A LOT! The colors are great but the pattern is what I really like. It's got a more contemporary look about it.

M
    Old 03-22-2009, 09:07 AM

The colors are so GREAT!!!! And I love this pattern. My daughter and grand daughter lived in Alaska on The Kenia and I was able to visit with them several times. Each time I see your picture, my heart sort of longs to visit Alaska again. On one of my visits, I was fortunate to get to go to the quilt show there -- Quilting on The Kenia. I was surprised that there really weren't quilts with the "Alaska" theme. I did visit Robin's Place and did purchase some patterns by the Mt. Redoubt quilting lady. Her name escapes me at the moment. I suppose that looking out your window and seeing your beautiful surroundings each day would sort of bring into play the fact that it would be difficult to really capture this great beauty in quilts or even pictures. I do plan to get at least one quilt from these patterns made some day soon just because I loved Alaska's beauty.
    Old 03-22-2009, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by nana2
    The colors are so GREAT!!!! And I love this pattern. My daughter and grand daughter lived in Alaska on The Kenia and I was able to visit with them several times. Each time I see your picture, my heart sort of longs to visit Alaska again. On one of my visits, I was fortunate to get to go to the quilt show there -- Quilting on The Kenia. I was surprised that there really weren't quilts with the "Alaska" theme. I did visit Robin's Place and did purchase some patterns by the Mt. Redoubt quilting lady. Her name escapes me at the moment. I suppose that looking out your window and seeing your beautiful surroundings each day would sort of bring into play the fact that it would be difficult to really capture this great beauty in quilts or even pictures. I do plan to get at least one quilt from these patterns made some day soon just because I loved Alaska's beauty.
    Thank you. So glad you like my avatur :-) I have yet to make it to the Kenia even though I have lived in Ak. for 25 yrs. I have a good friend that has moved to Soldotna so hope to see her in the next few yrs. Travel off the island is pretty expensive.
    Old 03-22-2009, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by MissTreated
    I like it A LOT! The colors are great but the pattern is what I really like. It's got a more contemporary look about it.

M
    Thank you. DD is a graphics art designer so that is why I picked a more contemporary look. I'm thinking it will be right up her alley!
    Old 03-22-2009, 04:02 PM

Your quilt is very pretty - I love the colors you used!
    Old 03-23-2009, 04:40 AM

As I am checking and reading e-mails, the national news is on the tv and I just heard that Mt.Redoubt has erupted so Alaska will be in the news a lot today. Hope everyone is safe.
    Old 03-23-2009, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by nana2
    As I am checking and reading e-mails, the national news is on the tv and I just heard that Mt.Redoubt has erupted so Alaska will be in the news a lot today. Hope everyone is safe.
    Mt. Redoubt has had 5 major blasts since last night. We are fine so far in the Southeast. Your DD is right across the inlet from the mountain range. Sounded to me like the winds where carrying the ash north. Some flights in and out of Anchorage are on hold or have been canceled.

On a lighter note. My DD got her quilt this morning and she is over the moon with excitement. So happy that she likes it :-)
    Old 03-26-2009, 04:58 AM

You said DD is a Pisces(3/1) and thus the theme for her quilt was a fish print?

Hey, I'm a Pisces (3/5) and next year I'm turning 60! That gives you a whole year to make another fishy quilt. LOL :wink:
    All joking aside, that is a very nice Turning Twenty quilt. Love the fabric choices. I'm sure your DD will treasure her gift.
    Old 03-26-2009, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Nita

Hey, I'm a Pisces (3/5) and next year I'm turning 60! That gives you a whole year to make another fishy quilt. LOL :wink:
    All joking aside, that is a very nice Turning Twenty quilt. Love the fabric choices. I'm sure your DD will treasure her gift.
    My Mom was born on 3/5 and my sister on 3/4(she turned 50 this yr.). I would be happy to send you a fat quarter of the fish print :-) That would almost be like getting a quilt LOL I would need you to PM me your addy!
    Old 03-26-2009, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Alaskan lady
    Originally Posted by Nita

My Mom was born on 3/5 and my sister on 3/4(she turned 50 this yr.). I would be happy to send you a fat quarter of the fish print :-) That would almost be like getting a quilt LOL I would need you to PM me your addy!
    How very sweet of you! I sent you a PM