Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Valentine and St. Pat's Day Cards >
  • Valentine and St. Pat's Day Cards

• Valentine and St. Pat's Day Cards

Old 01-29-2013, 06:38 PM

Those ARE great! I do have some Valentine PCs to make for an online swap but haven't started them yet ... I did just finish 3 for a 'Its in the Cards' swap, where we could use some kind of card for inspiration ... tarot card, monopoly, bingo etc etc. This is what I created ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]391689[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]391690[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]391691[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails sheree-mckee-its-cards-swap.jpg   nancie-v-its-cards-swap.jpg   me-its-cards-swap-extra-pc.jpg  
    Old 01-29-2013, 06:40 PM

I'll have to remember to take pix of fabric postcards in groups. These pix were taken yesterday and then mailed yesterday.
    Old 01-30-2013, 06:41 AM

Lallyann, I have not tried mailing them without an envelope. I ordered some cellophane envelopes postcard size on the internet and then I don't have to worry about the embellishments. Some you can mail just like a regular postcard. They really are fun and friends and family seem to like to receive them.

omgtimmcgraw, I don't have any instructions, I just start with a color selection of small scraps with fusible on them and start layin' them out on the very stiff stabilizer. After I get an arrangement I like I iron them down and then using different decorative stitches over each seam. You can raw edge or stitch and flip. Then I cut a piece of white fabric a little larger than the postcard (4" x 6"), add fusible and then fuse to the back of the postcard. Now you can start embellishing with anything you want; cutouts from magazines or old cards, buttons, lace, beads, sequins, ribbon, etc. I found some very cute ribbon (1 yard) at Hobby Lobby on sale for 25 cents with words printed on it, you can see it on the cards. If you have any questions, just PM me.
    Old 01-30-2013, 06:44 AM

Wraez, your cards are wonderful. I tried an online pc group, but found that I was spending all my time making postcards and ignoring my other quilting, so I dropped out. I just make mine for friends and family.
    Old 01-30-2013, 06:51 AM

Very nice! You do a beautiful job.
    Old 01-30-2013, 07:54 AM
    Power Poster

Great work!
    Old 01-30-2013, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by pollyjvan9
    Wraez, your cards are wonderful. I tried an online pc group, but found that I was spending all my time making postcards and ignoring my other quilting, so I dropped out. I just make mine for friends and family.
    Polly I know exactly what you mean! When I first started about 5 yrs ago, the first week I became addicted and only ate, slept, bathroom and created postcards. At one time I was in about 7 different yahoo postcard groups but now I am down to just one, with an occasional swap at a different group that is more about quilt blocks.

I've since made and collected over 500 of these.

Anyone interested in learning how to make them, just do an online search for 'fabric postcards' . I have even seen some YouTube tutorials. Sad one that I saw recently was by Mary Fons on her video and IMHO that was geared more to children cuz it used paper postcards as a base... not something we 'postcard artists' would do.

I do think the paper based ones using scraps, doing flip and stitch are perfect to get kids started on sewing or making PCs to send to family, friends or give to teachers etc. So I am NOT knocking Mary Fons' video, just saying that there are alternative ways to make them.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:19 PM
    Power Poster

They are so darling. They would be so fun to receive.
    Old 01-31-2013, 09:36 AM
    Power Poster

Very pretty..