Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Veterns Wheelchair bags >
  • Veterns Wheelchair bags

• Veterns Wheelchair bags

Old 02-02-2011, 12:42 PM

Ok, this looks like a lined rectangle, folded in half, sew on three sides and ties attached. Is there more to it than that? I'm doing some lap quilts for the VA Hosp here and think these would be a good idea too. Do you know the approximate measurements? Understand they're not all the same. To you put a closure at the top or leave it open?
    Old 02-02-2011, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by mimistutz
    Ok, this looks like a lined rectangle, folded in half, sew on three sides and ties attached. Is there more to it than that? I'm doing some lap quilts for the VA Hosp here and think these would be a good idea too. Do you know the approximate measurements? Understand they're not all the same. To you put a closure at the top or leave it open?
    These are things I'd like to know too.
    Old 02-02-2011, 12:53 PM

I *think* Dee is out of town right now, I cannot remember if she was leaving today or tomorrow. For those of you that want to give a wheel chair bag a trial run - I ran across this tutorial just by using google and typing in: wheelchair bag tutorial

http://tolentreasures.blogspot.com/2...-tutorial.html

If you are like me.. you have all sorts of decorator fabric - just think how much one of these would brighten up somebody's day :D

Dee will surely give pointers when she gets back online :thumbup:

I do know she said the bag needs to open to the inside to keep the items safe from falling out (or sadly being stolen) - if the bag is on the outside, it can get in the way of the wheels also.

Kris

Old 02-02-2011, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by raedar63
    I would like to do this do most all VA's take donations? I guess I always worry they get bombarded with too much.
    Rae
    I would reccomend starting more on the local level.... such as a nursing home. Speak with the activity director about vets or other needs. most value take donations, sometimes it is difficult getting in with the right person.
    Old 02-02-2011, 12:57 PM

that is the basic idea... i french seamed these, but most r lined. they are about 11 or 12 x 8 inches
    Old 02-02-2011, 09:31 PM
    Power Poster

Awesome bag!! Bless you for making them :D:D:D
    Old 03-25-2011, 02:12 PM

Thanks for posting the link for the walker bags. I just noticed a lot of traffic on that post and found this forum. I find that nursing homes will always take these. This past christmasi made 30 of them and our church filled them with tissues,lotion, a devotion book,etc.