Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Wedding gift quilt..SUGGESTIONS NEEDED!!! >
  • Wedding gift quilt..SUGGESTIONS NEEDED!!!

• Wedding gift quilt..SUGGESTIONS NEEDED!!!

Old 08-07-2008, 07:01 AM

Are you sure it's a pucker? You sure you didn't sew your kitty in there on accident? :wink: :lol:
    Old 08-07-2008, 07:18 AM

LOL Lisa!! Coming from a self-proclaimed perfectionist, I say they are all beautiful and once washed you won't see it as much right? And it gives it character and that homemade with love feel right? Right? Terri you're doing great and I am so jealous you can sit and sew like that. I haven't sewn anything in 2 weeks now and I am going insane. Packing is not fun. And I haven't even started yet! Ha!! I love the look of your His and Hers especially the blue and the way you incorporated each others main color in the center square. Your piecing looks incredible.!! Great job Lady!!! Enjoy Hawaii--I'm really jealous about that too but we won't discuss it!!
    Old 08-07-2008, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by adyldrop
    LOL Lisa!! Coming from a self-proclaimed perfectionist, I say they are all beautiful and once washed you won't see it as much right? And it gives it character and that homemade with love feel right? Right? Terri you're doing great and I am so jealous you can sit and sew like that. I haven't sewn anything in 2 weeks now and I am going insane. Packing is not fun. And I haven't even started yet! Ha!! I love the look of your His and Hers especially the blue and the way you incorporated each others main color in the center square. Your piecing looks incredible.!! Great job Lady!!! Enjoy Hawaii--I'm really jealous about that too but we won't discuss it!!
    No, didn't sew the naughtly girl in there, but she might be if she keeps it up! lol
    I've torn the borders off again. Ironed it. Squared it up again, like it didn't need it, but made me feel better. It's on the ironing board waiting for me. I'm leaving it for the rest of the night and I"m going to go to bed. Have an appt to get Courtney to in the morning and then will come home, pack up some clothes in anticipation of MAYBE catching the midnight flight that's going tomorrow (Friday). If it gets done before I leave, then fine, if not, that's fine too. They'll get it when I get it there. I've resigned myself to that fact. I have other things I need to get done before I leave, mainly 2 more totes that need to be in the mail. Plus, a special package for 2 little girls.

I'll let someone know when/if I catch a flight. If you see me here, you know I didn't get it. :)
    Old 08-07-2008, 07:46 AM

What a nice gift!! They will love it! The anticipated wait will be so worth it!

Susan
    Old 08-07-2008, 07:48 AM

Thanks Susan. His mom did tell him that my gift will be a bit late. He's ok with that. :)
    Old 08-07-2008, 08:32 AM

Ok, I"m tired of messing with sewing. Almost sewed my finger, not a good thing. Means I need sleep.
    Nitey nite all!!
    Old 08-07-2008, 09:41 AM

Yikes..... and you are in a hurry. Tell us how you go, but pin it and then pin it some more, other than that I dunno. Tell us how it goes. That is just the pits isnīt it. i hate when something goes wrong.

Elle
    Old 08-07-2008, 09:50 AM

I'm sure it will be fine this time Terri. It was just a Lack-of-Sleep pucker, so now that you've slept, no problems.
    Have a great time in HI - whatever you do there! lol
    Take care kiddo! 8)
    Old 08-07-2008, 03:42 PM

I'll see what happens when I get it sewn back together.
    I'm chillin' at the moment waiting on Courtney. I was wrong about her appt time, so we have another 30 min, which is a good thing.
    Once I get back, I have to pack up a suitcase, then I'll work on the quilt. Have a "farewell" party to be at at 5pm, so won't have much time tonight. Well, maybe....depends on flight schedule...IF there is one going tonight.
    Old 08-07-2008, 04:47 PM

Oh Terri, oh hate it when something goes wrong with a quilt, but it'll work out just beautifully :)