Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Well used quilt >
  • Well used quilt

• Well used quilt

Old 12-31-2010, 10:50 PM
    som

my daughter got me a pig for christmas made out of a very old quilt, she found it at a antique mall,i love it ,its so cute my son has my camera ,as soon as i get it back ill send a picture of it
    Old 12-31-2010, 10:55 PM

Gorgeous!
    Old 01-01-2011, 12:23 AM

Wow! That's a lot of work and they are beautiful!
    Old 01-01-2011, 07:46 AM

I'm not a crafter by nature. I have made teddy bears for hospice from the patient's clothing as remembrances for their family members, but I'd rather do clothing or now, quilting. But a vest for my Teddy Bear would be a good idea. She and her friend sit up high on a shelf just in case my dogs can't tell my bears from theirs.
    A table runner under my antique machine to remind me to be more like my grandmother, a framed piece for each of my five children who'd like one, a vest for my bear - sounds like Mamie's Star is going to have a new life. Mamie's Flower Garden can hang out on the back of the couch for a while.
    Old 01-01-2011, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    I'm not a crafter by nature. I have made teddy bears for hospice from the patient's clothing as remembrances for their family members, but I'd rather do clothing or now, quilting. But a vest for my Teddy Bear would be a good idea. She and her friend sit up high on a shelf just in case my dogs can't tell my bears from theirs.
    A table runner under my antique machine to remind me to be more like my grandmother, a framed piece for each of my five children who'd like one, a vest for my bear - sounds like Mamie's Star is going to have a new life. Mamie's Flower Garden can hang out on the back of the couch for a while.
    This sounds like a great plan to continue the longevity of your very special quilt. Keep inspired!!
    Old 06-29-2011, 12:18 PM
    Google Goddess

beautiful quilts

Originally Posted by irishrose
    For those of you who think quilts are made to be used - Did I do a good job? The first quilt was totally handmade by my grandmother in the early 60s. A lot of the fabrics were from dresses she had made for me when I was a child. I used that one on my bed. I was so heartbroken when it became worn, that she made me the second one a few years later. I used that more sparingly - my children remember being allowed to snuggle with it when they were not feeling well.

I wonder how many stitches Grandma took in her lifetime. Her quilts were done totally by hand. She was still quilting ten days before her death at 104 years old.

I've never been able to cut up the first one to use the good parts for anything. Today I'm thinking it would make a great table cover to go under the old Singer machine I just purchased (it's in the background). Can I do it?