Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • What is everyone working on? >
  • What is everyone working on?

• What is everyone working on?

Old 08-30-2008, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by quiltmaker101
    Thanks, Marcia! I have to hurry and get these done, and sideline my other plans soon because I have to start making some maternity clothes and nursery items for my daughter and her first child!!! Agghhh! I am too young to be Grandma! But I am excited!
    You are going to LOVE being a grandmother!!!! It is SOOO much better than being a mother!! :D
    Old 08-30-2008, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by gramadona
    Marcia... You said you were working on a "chicken quilt" for a friend. I love chickens! And have chicken stuff all over my kitchen and dining room. Please, please post pictures of your chicken quilt!
    GramaDona
    I finished a chicken quilt earlier this year for myself and my friend has drooled over it every time she has seen it. So, I am making a chicken quilt for her too-it is not exactly like mine, but I think she will like it. I will post pics when I have a more of the quilt finished-it will be soon because her birthday is Sept 14!! Right now I just have 6 blocks done.
    Old 08-30-2008, 05:05 PM

Very nice, looks perfect.
    Old 08-30-2008, 05:11 PM

I am finally sewing after months of being unable to. I have a new sewing corner and am currently working on quilting a wedding gift that I had put together and even spraybasted in March. I am about to stitch their names around the inside of the outer border. I have the house to myself this weekend and I plan on getting lots of quilting time in!!!!!
    Old 08-31-2008, 06:41 AM

This reminds me of some wall hangings I have been seeing at the Houston International Quilt Festivle. A group there always has wall hangins, etc with hens roosters, dogs, cats, etc. They are BEAUTIFUL!!!!! One that comes to mind is that which has roosters and hens in the garden. The fabrics used for the feathers were perfect, and it was for sale from their booth. I was VERY VERY tempted to buy the pattern, but at $50.00 I had to consider that this might be one of those that just got added to my collection, and if I bought just the pattern where would I find the right fabrics later???? I have looked for these folks on the internet, but have not found them. The Quilt Show will be in November, I may not feel so bad about spending the $50.00 this time. I think it would be great to make either a table runner or a table cloth with chickens, but know that it would probably take a very long time.
    Old 08-31-2008, 08:16 AM

Quilter1962--I love your wallhanging. I have never put beads on a quilt, but am always intriqued with them at shows. Please post another pic when you are finished with it...
    Old 08-31-2008, 01:30 PM

I am working on a comfort quilt for my aunt Sherry who has MS and hasn't been doing very well lately. Its theme is cows. It has been called the "Dumpster Dive Quilt" by some. I'll post pics when I get the top pieced.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/10292.page