• Pictures
  • What goes with Kawasaki Green? >
  • What goes with Kawasaki Green?

• What goes with Kawasaki Green?

Old 09-14-2010, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Originally Posted by mom2suki
    I really love the cat fleece for the top! Personally, I would use the pink and green dots, the light pink checks, and the light green (is it checks or stripes?)...but that's just my opinion :lol: This is going to be a really cute quilt...please post a photo when you're done!
    There are dots and stripes. Thanks, I thought it was cute too. Of course it was the only fabric I could find that didn't have green as the dominate, and I could never match the green, so I figure I will use it as the accent. I think she has enough green in the room. Maybe a log cabin??? Or rail fence???
    A log cabin would be beautiful, but I think a rail fence would be easier to do with flannel.
    Good point. I like to do 1/2" seams with flannel. So do you think just the 3 colors of each in rail fence with the squares alternating pink then green? I will do some trial squares after I wash the fabric.
    Old 09-14-2010, 02:56 PM

I love all of them. How about an Around The World on one side and the fleece on the other. Then it would be double sided.
    Old 09-14-2010, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by grammyp
    I love all of them. How about an Around The World on one side and the fleece on the other. Then it would be double sided.
    That's the plan; the fleece is the top and the flannels will be the back, but I want it to be reversible if she wants it that way. What is Around the World? I don't want anything too complicated, since it is flannel. I will have probably 3 of each pink and green, maybe 4 if I can find another of each.
    Old 09-14-2010, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Originally Posted by grammyp
    That's the plan; the fleece is the top and the flannels will be the back, but I want it to be reversible if she wants it that way. What is Around the World? I don't want anything too complicated, since it is flannel. I will have probably 3 of each pink and green, maybe 4 if I can find another of each.
    Okay, I found directions for Around the World. I really like them, but I am afraid I don't have enough contrast in my fabrics. They are all about the same value, so I don't think that would work. Since the main fabric is pink, green, & black I don't want to add any other colors to take away fjrom the basic theme. Think I will go with log cabin or rail fence.
    Old 09-14-2010, 03:33 PM

I love the fabrics you chose. I think the log cabin idea will be great!! Reminds me of my DGD and the orange walls!! :D
    Old 09-14-2010, 03:53 PM

Well, none of them are Honda red or Yamaha yellow, so I think you are in good shape! LOL
    Old 09-14-2010, 03:54 PM

Sooooo cute :!: All will look amazing love your choices. Please post it when you finish. :P
    Old 09-14-2010, 04:03 PM
    Power Poster

There is no need to go all "matchy-matchy" - the greens in you pic go great with the cats. What a fun fabric. You could also throw in a pop of yellow or a sprinkle of blue (it looks like some of those dots are multi-colored so you can take your lead from them) if you feel daring and of course, a dark to center the quilt.
    Old 09-14-2010, 06:29 PM

If you do the log cabin, maybe you could find a cat flannel to fussy-cut for the center blocks.
    Old 09-14-2010, 06:44 PM

I like a simple row of all the fabric used for the back if you have enough. Simple quick and usually have plenty !